• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tank Donation and Supplies Needed!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone!
I'm currently a student at Northampton Community College in Bethlehem, PA and I wanted to reach out on behalf of my Mom who is the Director of Education at Northampton Community College. Ever since getting a saltwater tank almost a year ago my Mom has expressed interest in getting a tank for the early childhood center at the college that has children 0-6 all year round. I'm sure you know yourself how relaxing and beneficial our tanks can be...not to mention a great learning experience for young minds and the many visitors/college students who come through the center daily. She also believes it would be highly beneficial to have one in the center for learning, enjoyment, and relaxation. I'm currently in the process of reaching out to different companies to hopefully get all supplies needed donated. And I was hoping/wondering if anyone can help with this. I would be the caretaker and we were looking for around 100 gallon tank for a fowlr setup and the necessary supplies or donations as the overall cost and maintenance is lower than a reef tank. I have reached out to several companies, the lfs, and the tanks in schools program. The replies I’m currently getting can not make the tank happen. So I was hoping this local club can. At the moment I need the tank with filtration/sump, stand, lighting, powerheads, and the heater! But I am able to get the rock, sand, and some livestock donated.

You can learn more about the childcare center and college here:

https://www.northampton.edu/childrens-center.htm
https://www.northampton.edu

Please reach out to me if you are willing to help.
Thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back