Tank failure, time to get out?

BobTheBlenney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone happen to live in the Tulsa, OK area? I had a bottom seam break on my 75 and I think I'm ready to just get rid of everything. I had a spare tank in the garage that I moved all the rock and livestock into. It's now just sitting on the floor with a heater and some circulation pumps. I considered buying a new tank and trying to quickly rebuild, but I just don't know that I'm up to it. However, I don't want all of my fish and corals to die. This is a quick list if you happen to live in the area and can rehome some guys (donations would be appreciated so that it's not a total loss.).

3 frogspawn
2 torch
1 hammer
1 cristata
1 blasto
1 bubble
1 toadstool
several other smaller things

tomato clown
foxface
melanurus wrasse
orange back F wrasse
lubuck F wrasse
starry blenny

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the direct link for the Oklahoma selling forum. May be easier to connect with people by posting here.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need a very nice 83g setup…this is around 1500 shipped to your door which is still about half off

There was a coupon for an additional 10% off but it’s expired. Deal is still very good and the build quality and stand are excellent

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would setup the other tank and keep going or atleast it gives you time to decide instead of regretting it later

OP
OP
BobTheBlenney

BobTheBlenney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just work with your plan B tank?
I had customized an internal filtration system for the tank that failed so I would have to rethink all of that, and spend more money. The wooden stand got soaked so now I'm afraid it will warp. If I were to rebuild I would rather just buy a new tank, possibly reinforce the bottom with eurobracing, and then be able to move everything back just the way I want it. It's all just hap hazard in the plan B tank at the moment. But, I may just be done with all of it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back