Tank heaters for PNW 75 gal tank

Fungusamongus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2023
Messages
435
Reaction score
781
Location
Tacoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a 75 gal mixed reef tank. What types of heaters would yall recommend? I have read that using 2 is probably a good idea in case one fails. I was thinking of something with a controller attached. I do not have APEX or another aquarium controller yet. Any suggestions on good options?
 
I use an Inkbird as a heater control and I’m happy with it. The are different ones, make sure it’s for aquarium use!
 
I use an Inkbird as a heater control and I’m happy with it. The are different ones, make sure it’s for aquarium use!
Do you use a titanium heating element? Do you also require a chiller in summer? I dont have AC, but it can get hot for a couple of days. Just wondering what other locals require.
 
I am building a 75 gal mixed reef tank. What types of heaters would yall recommend? I have read that using 2 is probably a good idea in case one fails. I was thinking of something with a controller attached. I do not have APEX or another aquarium controller yet. Any suggestions on good options?
Look at the IM Helio heaters and controller. I’ve been running a test in my garage with the 200w single element model in a 17g tank. It’s been keeping the water pegged at 77 degrees even with ambient temps in the garage down in the 40’s at night.
 
Look at the IM Helio heaters and controller. I’ve been running a test in my garage with the 200w single element model in a 17g tank. It’s been keeping the water pegged at 77 degrees even with ambient temps in the garage down in the 40’s at night.
I looked into those as well. Kind of worried about burnout with a single heater. If i did to that i might do a Hygger back-up set 2 degrees cooler.
 
I looked into those as well. Kind of worried about burnout with a single heater. If i did to that i might do a Hygger back-up set 2 degrees cooler.
The controller will run two heating elements. I chose to just get one to start becasue it was an experiment to see what it would handle. I would always have a second element in an actual running tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new