Tank ID please

zk12345

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2024
Messages
20
Reaction score
6
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate is at 1.2 ppm
Phosphate is at 0.06 ppm
The corals have been growing like crazy lately, I did a 10 gallon water change Sunday
Not sure if I should cut back on the skimmer for a week so the nutrients can rise back up. Any help is greatly appreciated, I went to California for 5 days and came back to this stuff on the sand and tank walls.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20241202_203730903.mp4
    87.1 MB
Your phosphate is fine. Consider dosing ammonia.

PS: Not sure why, but I can’t see your video. Take a full tank picture with white light.
 
Upvote 0
Your phosphate is fine. Consider dosing ammonia.

PS: Not sure why, but I can’t see your video. Take a full tank picture with white light.
Ill have my partner dose the tank while I'm gone, how many drops should I put in? I have three bottles of Dr Tim's ammonia left over. I can get you a picture tomorrow!
 
Upvote 0
Ill have my partner dose the tank while I'm gone, how many drops should I put in? I have three bottles of Dr Tim's ammonia left over. I can get you a picture tomorrow!
In 55G macro algae growout tank, I add 10ml twice each day during lighting cycle. On 25 year mature 75G display, I add 5 ml each day.

Amazon product ASIN B002JWOQY8
PS: On 55G grow out tank, I had water tested after dosing 20ml of ammonia every day and 5ml of liquid kelp concentrate every other day and nitrate showed zero.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new