Algae ID

fishyreef13

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2023
Messages
14
Reaction score
4
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone please id what type of algae I’m dealing with. It comes back within a day of blowing it off. Corals do not look very happy. I was away for about a week and came back to this. Thinking it may be a type of dino. I had a lot of hair algae grow and thinking that bottomed out my nutrients before I started feeding again.

Salinity- 1.026
Temp- 77.5
Nitrate- 10
Phosphate- 0.05
Alk-7.8
Calcium- 450
1780972270790.png
 
Not an algae but its a bacteria probably dinos, how old is the tank?
 
Upvote 0
Do you notice bubbles on the algae that go away when the lights are off?
Microscope id?
CUC?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new