OP
OP
B

bazza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump tank ,, you can You Tube it ,, you want the fresh Top Off water mixed before it hits your display tank ,, I have the Tunzi Top Off system ,, its also the best ,, thats the one you want ,, its a buy it once ,, quality ,, piece of equipment ,, don't try to save money here ,, get the Tunzi ,, read that part again also :)
yeah thats the one im after im st
I got my lid for my RSR250 from Artfully Acrylic (now Clearview Lids) and do recommend it. It cost me as much to ship it to Sydney as it did to purchase it, and with our current exchange rate that was not cheap either, but I do not begrudge 1c. I am planning a second larger tank and will be buying one of their lids for that as well.

I didn’t bother with feeding holes, just a cord cutout either side at the back. I prefer to keep the look as clean as I can and find it very easy to lift the lid when I feed frozen food and distribute it across the entire tank. When feeding pellets I just feed through the mesh.

In my current tank I have Maxspect Razor lights so use the arms and small clamps to hold up the lid at the front when I do minor cleaning and target coral feeding. I am getting my son to print me some little arms as lid holders on his 3D printer to replace the clamps. I plan different lights in the new tank so these lid supports will be needed for regular maintenance in that tank. Every few weeks I lift the entire lid off and hose it down in the shower to clean salt off it.
just looked at there website they look awesome what one did you get and how expensive was it?

OP
OP
B

bazza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my lid for my RSR250 from Artfully Acrylic (now Clearview Lids) and do recommend it. It cost me as much to ship it to Sydney as it did to purchase it, and with our current exchange rate that was not cheap either, but I do not begrudge 1c. I am planning a second larger tank and will be buying one of their lids for that as well.

I didn’t bother with feeding holes, just a cord cutout either side at the back. I prefer to keep the look as clean as I can and find it very easy to lift the lid when I feed frozen food and distribute it across the entire tank. When feeding pellets I just feed through the mesh.

In my current tank I have Maxspect Razor lights so use the arms and small clamps to hold up the lid at the front when I do minor cleaning and target coral feeding. I am getting my son to print me some little arms as lid holders on his 3D printer to replace the clamps. I plan different lights in the new tank so these lid supports will be needed for regular maintenance in that tank. Every few weeks I lift the entire lid off and hose it down in the shower to clean salt off it.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah thats the one im after im st
just looked at there website they look awesome what one did you get and how expensive was it?
I just got their RSR250 stock lid with the two cord slots I mentioned,
In A$ below.
[TD]
[TD]
[TD]
[TD]
Subtotal: $153.15
Discount: $0.00
Shipping: $135.42
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $288.57​
[/TD]​
[/TD]​
[/TD]​
[/TD]​

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up upgrading to Clearview's latest and greatest top ,, this is a quality ,, best on the market you can buy Top ,, I ended up paying in the $350 range for it , maybe a bit more ,, the only thing I would have done different on the Top is this ,,

They offer a standard sized feed door and a over sized feed door ,, i had the over sized feed door added to my Top ,, centered on the front of the Top ,, I have Radion G4 Pro's lights over my tank mounted on a Eco Tech rail system ,, I have cut outs on either side of the Top to mount the arms for the rail bar ,, what I wish I had asked for is ,, could they ,, on one side or the other of the cut outs for the arm system ,, added my feed door there ,,, instead of at the front of the Top ,, this way when I place my fish food into the tank ,, I would have been dropping it in front of my MP40 and this could help spreading the food into the tank ,, I also wouldn't have gotten the over sized feed door ,, you don't need the over sized door ,, just for fish food ,,

On the plus side ,, I have used the over sized door at the front of my Top to reach into the tank to do things several times ,, it saves me from having to remove the whole Top to get into the tank ,,

One other thing I would do ,, in your notes when ordering your Top ,, add the info of what lights you will placing over your Tank and how they will be mounted , if you will be needing cutouts for it ,, don't ask me how ,, I haven't a clue ,, the cut outs on my Top for the light arms for mounting the Eco Tech Rail system ,, ended up being on the back of my Top ,, both of them ,, this caused me to have to send the Top back and added another 4 to 5 weeks to get it back ,,

Clearview has ,, I was told ,, a new program for ordering your Top ,, I haven't used this program ,, maybe this new program would prevent this from happening again ,, I will find out :) I have a second tank coming from Mircales Aquariums ,, after I get it ,, I will be ordering a second Top ,,

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bazza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up upgrading to Clearview's latest and greatest top ,, this is a quality ,, best on the market you can buy Top ,, I ended up paying in the $350 range for it , maybe a bit more ,, the only thing I would have done different on the Top is this ,,

They offer a standard sized feed door and a over sized feed door ,, i had the over sized feed door added to my Top ,, centered on the front of the Top ,, I have Radion G4 Pro's lights over my tank mounted on a Eco Tech rail system ,, I have cut outs on either side of the Top to mount the arms for the rail bar ,, what I wish I had asked for is ,, could they ,, on one side or the other of the cut outs for the arm system ,, added my feed door there ,,, instead of at the front of the Top ,, this way when I place my fish food into the tank ,, I would have been dropping it in front of my MP40 and this could help spreading the food into the tank ,, I also wouldn't have gotten the over sized feed door ,, you don't need the over sized door ,, just for fish food ,,

On the plus side ,, I have used the over sized door at the front of my Top to reach into the tank to do things several times ,, it saves me from having to remove the whole Top to get into the tank ,,

One other thing I would do ,, in your notes when ordering your Top ,, add the info of what lights you will placing over your Tank and how they will be mounted , if you will be needing cutouts for it ,, don't ask me how ,, I haven't a clue ,, the cut outs on my Top for the light arms for mounting the Eco Tech Rail system ,, ended up being on the back of my Top ,, both of them ,, this caused me to have to send the Top back and added another 4 to 5 weeks to get it back ,,

Clearview has ,, I was told ,, a new program for ordering your Top ,, I haven't used this program ,, maybe this new program would prevent this from happening again ,, I will find out :) I have a second tank coming from Mircales Aquariums ,, after I get it ,, I will be ordering a second Top ,,
awesome info thank you would love to know how you go with the next one, being in Australia makes it a tad difficult but im keen to give it a crack and see how i go

ShellSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Artfully Acrylic Top for my new tank ,, if you end up deciding that you want a top for your tank ,, the one they make is the one you want ,, read that part again :) jmo they make the best top in the hobby right now ,, I see your in Australia ,, that could be problem ,, I am sure they could make it work though :) before buying this top ,, on my other tanks I would make my own ,, you can buy kits and screen from BRS ,,The only reason you need a top is because of fish wanting to jump out of the tank ,, if your putting fish into your tank that will jump and most will ,, you want a Top ,,

I would never put a solid glass or acrylic top over my tank ,, for a couple of reasons ,, gas exchange & heat issues ,, evaporation is what it is ,, put a Top Off system on your tank ,, if you don't already have one ,,
I could not agree more on the quality of Artfully Acrylic. Just got my lid and it is awesome!

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I have had my top for a few weeks ,, my tank is a 60x30x20 ,, my top has a acrylic rod added to it that goes from the front of the top to the back ,, reason for this it to take reduce flex in the top and add support to the top ,, that 30" front to back on my tank ,, its kinda a big deal ,, if I were to order this top again today ,, I would inquire into having a second rod added to my top ,,, I am sure that a 24" front to back tank wouldn't need this second support rod ,, my 30" tank ,, not a must have ,, but I would have the second rod added if they would do it ,, I take my top off a lot it seems :) that second rod would be nice to have ,,

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back