OP
OP
Grimmj

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Thanks to Daniel for finding a second light I was able to get 2 unos. Arrived yesterday so I got them installed when I got home. These were running at about 50watts in this picture according to the app. I can't believe how much light these things put out. I set them to acclimate for 30 days ramping up to 50% power. Once there I might adjust more but I don't think I will need to as these things are monsters when it comes to output.

Second image is for comparison with the old current IC Pros. They were maxed on the blue channel almost no red no green and a little white.
Need to get a orange filter now for sure.
1646747289739.png

1646747638834.png

OP
OP
Grimmj

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture is deceiving I think. I have them set at 7.5" above the water. The picture even makes the one look like its a few inches lower. The stair has a lip that interferes if I go higher. If I was to move the tank I would push it further away from the wall but its been there since we moved in 2017 and Im not planning to move again. Live and make mistakes

OP
OP
Grimmj

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Seem to be closer than I recall ReeFi recommends? Spread would be more even if you could raise them up a bit.

Based on the feed back here and on reddit I rotated my mounts to the sides and moved the lights up. They are now at 11" to the water and getting a very good spread in the tank. I'm hunting around for a used PAR meter now and plan on doing some more playing around with the photon app that has been posted here.

Overall very happy with the lights and their ouput. They are currently acclimating based on feedback from Daniel and I toned them down the program to the LPS. As I add more to the tank I can ramp up further as needed.
1646833071143.png

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Seem to be closer than I recall ReeFi recommends? Spread would be more even if you could raise them up a bit.

Based on the feed back here and on reddit I rotated my mounts to the sides and moved the lights up. They are now at 11" to the water and getting a very good spread in the tank. I'm hunting around for a used PAR meter now and plan on doing some more playing around with the photon app that has been posted here.

Overall very happy with the lights and their ouput. They are currently acclimating based on feedback from Daniel and I toned them down the program to the LPS. As I add more to the tank I can ramp up further as needed.
1646833071143.png
Ohh I like it! Good idea on relocating the mounts.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 120 81.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back