Tank Location and AC Wall Vent

Dstelter27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

So I am about to start my first tank (25 gallon IM lagoon AIO). I have all of the equipment, I am just trying to settle on a place to put the tank in my living room. What I believe would be the perfect spot for it sits right below a wall AC/Heater vent that almost touches the ceiling. My tank will be sitting on a sturdy end table, so it sits relatively low (top of the tank sits 33” off the ground). In this position, the top of the tank would be about 4.5 feet below the wall vent. When the air is on, I track the flow of the air and it seems like it wouldn’t reach the tank (outward flow arc seems to be about 2 feet above front of tank).

In attempting to avoid any tank temperature issues, does this location seem alright? I could attempt to do a DIY diverger to push the air to the sides of the vent, if need be.

Thanks for the insight!

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will be fine also. Almost impossible to find perfect locating for all factors in any room. Sunlight, vents, aesthetics etc. I have a floor vent blowing right up back of tank

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank sits right below an AC vent. My vent is in the ceiling. I haven't noticed negative effects. Tank stays nice during the summer too.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back