OP
OP
hawk82

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after not doing any water changes since this post, the tank is starting to look a little better. Cyano and dinos seem to be going away, and im getting alot of green hair algae on the powerheads. At this point is it best to just leave it be, and let it keep working things out on its own?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after not doing any water changes since this post, the tank is starting to look a little better. Cyano and dinos seem to be going away, and im getting alot of green hair algae on the powerheads. At this point is it best to just leave it be, and let it keep working things out on its own?
Why are you performing water changes? Are you trying to remove something or is it a normal maintenance routine?

Water changes are unlikely to have any effect on cyanobacteria or dinoflagellate growth.

The green hair algae on the power heads might be the start of the next nuisance organism to bother you. Does the aquarium have snails to eat the stuff, assuming it is not green cyanobacteria?

OP
OP
hawk82

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doing nothing seems to be paying off. though it is going slow, the dino looking stuff is gone and almost all the cyano, green hair algae is holding and not getting any worse. guess im going to ride it out another month or so...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back