Tank mate ideas

kevtes13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220 gallon established FOWLR aquarium that has a 10" snowflake eel, purple tang that is somewhat aggressive, regular Foxface, 7" Queen Angel, and Dwarf Flame angel. I want to add a few more fish but I'm having trouble deciding what to stock due to the potentially aggressive nature of this group of fish. Thoughts and suggestions welcome.
Thanks

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a bunch of smaller stuff. Chrysiptera genus damsels would be good. Or several wrasses.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220 gallon established FOWLR aquarium that has a 10" snowflake eel, purple tang that is somewhat aggressive, regular Foxface, 7" Queen Angel, and Dwarf Flame angel. I want to add a few more fish but I'm having trouble deciding what to stock due to the potentially aggressive nature of this group of fish. Thoughts and suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Maroon Clowns
A nice school of anthias
Maybe a big school of black and white chromis....

OP
OP
K

kevtes13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a blue throat triggerfish?
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't considered a triggerfish. I do like their personalities. What is your experience with fin nipping? That was something someone with more experience than I had told me could be a problem.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't considered a triggerfish. I do like their personalities. What is your experience with fin nipping? That was something someone with more experience than I had told me could be a problem.
They good tank mates, they of course will eat some inverts but nothing big, they will not attack other fish.

OP
OP
K

kevtes13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon Clowns
A nice school of anthias
Maybe a big school of black and white chromis....
Thank you. I was actually strongly considering a Maroon Yellow stripe Clown. I had one years ago and he was fun to own. I'll look into black and white chromis.... tank would look good with some movement from a schooling fish.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I put together my FOWLRish tank, I'm absolutely going to have a harlequin tusk. I've heard they can be a bit timid, so I don't know if it would become a victim in your tank or not.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I was actually strongly considering a Maroon Yellow stripe Clown. I had one years ago and he was fun to own. I'll look into black and white chromis.... tank would look good with some movement from a schooling fish.
My thinking is that something small but schooling provides visual interest and safety in numbers. The B&W chromis are really striking in a group and inexpensive.

Back