Tank mates for my gold bar maroon clown pair

Niño

Zoa-holic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently going to sale my gbm clown pairs, but decided not to. I just upgraded to a bigger tank, which is a 39g cadlight system. What other tank mates can I keep with the pair and is this a big enough tank for them not to mess with other fish and be too aggressive. Thanks for your help, thanks. Need reef safe tank mates

Niño

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God luck fiding anything,maybe some smaller gobies,but maroons are agrresive,I wouldnt put anything to expensive in there with them!Jusy my friendly warning!

OP
OP
Niño

Niño

Zoa-holic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God luck fiding anything,maybe some smaller gobies,but maroons are agrresive,I wouldnt put anything to expensive in there with them!Jusy my friendly warning!

So should I just sale them then? I have a buyer, but thought since they are in a bigger tank that they wouldnt be aggressive or as aggressive.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold bars are known to be less aggressive than white bars, so thats going for you. The problem is that with a 39g aquarium, whatever fish you put in there will always be in the way, maroons get very large, around 5" wouldn't you say Austin? The most aggressive dam fish would be the blue devil damselfish, and I've heard of a maroon taking it out with a vengeance.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive always know the Golds to be more aggresive IMO.

They get large.6" at times.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 6.7%
Back