Tank parameter apps

  • Thread starter Thread starter betelgeuse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

betelgeuse

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
170
Reaction score
30
Location
North Branford CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone uses any apps to record you tank parameters... Right now I'm using a logbook... But I think an app might be a little more user friendly and detailed... I use one for my freshwater tanks that's ok but it is definitely insufficient for a saltwater setup... Any recommendations?
 
I am thinking about creating one with alarms for WC, filter change, dosing amounts, ect...

What all would you like to see in the app besides the basics sal, alk, cal, mag.
 
Check out Aquatic Log

you can check and log pretty much anything. It has a mobile app and can be integrated to pull data directly from Apex
 
Aquatic log is cool. I suggest doing it from the beginning if you can. There's a ton of into to log into it.
 
I use AquaPlanner Pro. Have been using it for over a year and like the feature set very well.
 
Aquarimate is great!! It's like a $10 app which is the only bummer, but i really have no other complaints about it.
 
I think one of the biggest differences is that Aquatic Log is a web based program that has an app available. The data is stored on their website and is accessible through multiple devices or computers all at the same time.

The other two are apps that are used on only one device at a time and the data is stored on device and backed up to the cloud.

I may be wrong but that is what I found in my research
 
I just looked into aquatic log, it looks pretty cool, the only thing for me would be the yearly cost. Just a simple way to track and graph my parameters is all I'm looking for so aquarimate works well for me. I did discover another issue with the app, which I plan to email them about, is that you have to manually tell it to back up your data. My phone broke and I got a new one this week, fortunately I realized this before I sent my old one back, and I just put the sim card back in the old one and backed it up. However, from what I can tell, if you lose your phone, you'll lose everything since your last backup.
 
I used apps from the play store, including those mentioned. I found them to be an "extra step" in the process. So this tank, I just use my Google or Samsung calendar.

Lol, I then just color code the tank entries a certain color, cap the first few letters, add a little icon, and can see immediately what I have done, when. I then hover over the date and get instant detailed list of that day that I can click into.

The best thing is that I simply talk with the keyboard to create all entries..

Attached is an example..
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1417818036602.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417818036602.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 193
I use AquaPlanner Pro. Have been using it for over a year and like the feature set very well.
I am also using this and believe with its reminders, calendar data tracking and easy of use justify the whopping dollar or two for it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new