Tank Placement

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the furniture in today I was waiting on before setting up my new build. I'm very limited in how I can place the furniture, and still fit the tank in the room. I was thinking of placing it in the empty space in the photo below. That window faces West, so sunlight does come through in the later portion of the evening when its low enough to come through the trees during sunset. Does anyone think this will present a problem?
IMG-0985.jpg

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the furniture in today I was waiting on before setting up my new build. I'm very limited in how I can place the furniture, and still fit the tank in the room. I was thinking of placing it in the empty space in the photo below. That window faces West, so sunlight does come through in the later portion of the evening when its low enough to come through the trees during sunset. Does anyone think this will present a problem?
IMG-0985.jpg
Avoid Direct sunlight into your tank at all costs.

talk about algae overkill. :).

Cyano bacteria will flourish in natural sun. Especially if you’re running LEDs at the same time.

then you have sun and LED light.

oh nononononono :)

OP
OP
DocRose

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avoid Direct sunlight into your tank at all costs.

talk about algae overkill. :).

Cyano bacteria will flourish in natural sun. Especially if you’re running LEDs at the same time.

then you have sun and LED light.

oh nononononono :)

's what I was always taught. :( How much will it help if I close the curtains during the time of day when the light is coming through directly?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back