Tank police

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know what he killed. I really do not see aggression in mine.
Likewise. I had one fish I think he may of inadvertently hit with the spines, but never seen him outright attack. Heck I have another rabbitfish and the Lo is only halfhearted an butthead to the gold spot.

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed my foxface as it quickly grew to 6" in my 120 in a year.
It never bothered my 6 chromis that have been in the tank 2.5 years now.

My convict tang is the tank cop and keeps the chromis inline.

NOTE: my foxface chewed the tops of my green slimer for 4-5 months before I rehomed it to a large system. This is not normal but it happened in my system.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know what he killed. I really do not see aggression in mine.
Killed a small regal blue, possum wrasse, and a dot dash flasher wrasse. The funny part is I have a purple tang that I was told would be the most aggressive fish in my tank and he doesn’t bother anything!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killed a small regal blue, possum wrasse, and a dot dash flasher wrasse. The funny part is I have a purple tang that I was told would be the most aggressive fish in my tank and he doesn’t bother anything!
Are you definitely sure he was the issue?
Mine doesn’t bother anything and he’s in a tank with fish that have similar body shapes as the fish you mentioned. They get along just fine may I add.

Last edited:

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn’t both anything and he’s in a tank with fish that have similar body shapes as the fish you mentioned. They get along just fine may I add.
I agree, I cannot picture my foxface killing all these fish. Though he is the biggest in my tank, I have yet to see him bullying anything. As soon as he is a little worried, he turns brown and hide in his corner.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I cannot picture my foxface killing all these fish. Though he is the biggest in my tank, I have yet to see him bullying anything. As soon as he is a little worried, he turns brown and hide in his corner.
Mine is a scardy cat also, darts to the rock at the slightest bit of a spook.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with mine although he looks darker than the normal foxfaces due to it being a magnificent and having the main white body.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn’t bother anything and he’s in a tank with fish that have similar body shapes as the fish you mentioned. They get along just fine may I add.
Yes, I watched him physically attack all 3. He was pretty much the first fish along with the purple tang I added to my tank. The two wrasses I think he harassed to the point they were stressed and died, the regal I watched him grab him by the pectoral fin and swim across the tank with it then would constantly chase it after that trying to get it again.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I watched him physically attack all 3. He was pretty much the first fish along with the purple tang I added to my tank. The two wrasses I think he harassed to the point they were stressed and died, the regal I watched him grab him by the pectoral fin and swim across the tank with it then would constantly chase it after that trying to get it again.
What was the attack like? To me it sounds more like the purple was the true killer of all the foxface did was an attack

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gee I started something here.
Mine is non aggressive towards any other fish. Just this one Chromis that thinks he's boss. Mr Ed will stand between him and who ever he's hassling. Spines up and he actually seems to try hit him.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS and websites report Chromis’s are best in groups. Fun to watch in the current . This is true but your oddly number fish you put in your tank ends up to pretty much be one. When this happens I suggest adding Anthias. My lone Chromis joined their herd. Sorry
?School?

My experience is that Anthias kill Anthias until only one one remains.

Having said that my 3 Chromis and 3 Anthias are very well (4 times a day) fed and there is no sign of aggression anywhere.

The foxface just browses around pecking at Nori and Acans

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is that Anthias kill Anthias until only one one remains.

Having said that my 3 Chromis and 3 Anthias are very well (4 times a day) fed and there is no sign of aggression anywhere.

The foxface just browses around pecking at Nori and Acans
So far mine are the same 3. Its only been a few months. When I tried to group chromis they dwindled fast.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%

Back