Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Foxface (Mr Ed)
Has taken over as the local cop.
Could his spines kill the chromis?

As above, a foxfaces spines are only defensive and they almost never use them. Yes they put them up and display them every so often however they never use them as offensive. It’s more likely that he will go and stop any form of aggression by swimming between it.
Your chromis will most likely kill eachother off slowly. We don’t know much about the social hierarchy and they tend to kill off the slowest/weakest few every so often.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS and websites report Chromis’s are best in groups. Fun to watch in the current . This is true but your oddly number fish you put in your tank ends up to pretty much be one. When this happens I suggest adding Anthias. My lone Chromis joined their herd. Sorry
?School?
408F3900-3B7E-43C3-A49F-8FEC911C62C3.jpeg

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have 2 male 1 female chromis. Fighting for her attention. One chromis thinks the tank is his and harassed all new comers. This is Mr Ed taking control. Does a good job as Mr in-between.
I need 2more fish. Anthias maybe
I just posted another thread about how introducing 3 Anthia’s and a Tailspot calmed down my strawberry dotty. I was amazed! I’ll try to link thread

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have 2 male 1 female chromis. Fighting for her attention. One chromis thinks the tank is his and harassed all new comers. This is Mr Ed taking control. Does a good job as Mr in-between.
I need 2more fish. Anthias maybe
My experience with a chromis trio is that they will pair up and kill the odd one out. On the other hand they are cool to watch shoal when it's working out well!

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS and websites report Chromis’s are best in groups. Fun to watch in the current . This is true but your oddly number fish you put in your tank ends up to pretty much be one. When this happens I suggest adding Anthias. My lone Chromis joined their herd. Sorry
?School?

?School?
Screenshot_20220122-023524_Photos.jpg

Jeff rides alone, a multi murderer, cut throat killer... One look into Jeff's eyes might very well be your last. Swim at your own risk.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted another thread about how introducing 3 Anthia’s and a Tailspot calmed down my strawberry dotty. I was amazed! I’ll try to link thread
I'm considering a small harem of anthias. Saw some male & female sunburst at my local LFS, the other half was in love but my wallet wasn't!

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 green chromis and the little one is always missing scales and beat up. But he hangs in there. Heals up and gos to the next round over and over.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them?
The living pair will be 5 years in March. The 3rd one passed back in October. The 3 were ok until I put them in my 120 March of 2021. I had some yellow tail damsels added post cycle, dumped the chromis in with them and all h@ll broke loose. Now there is the pair of chromis and 2 of the 7 yt damsels left. The yellow tails live on total separate sides of the tank.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept a purple dottieback for almost ten years. She runs any tank that she is in. I can not keep shrimp 3 times her size. They become $40 dinners for one. She rules her roost. My 8 inch clown tang is terrified of this tiny stature anchovie. (Don't tell her I called her that)

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept a purple dottieback for almost ten years. She runs any tank that she is in. I can not keep shrimp 3 times her size. They become $40 dinners for one. She rules her roost. My 8 inch clown tang is terrified of this tiny stature anchovie. (Don't tell her I called her that)
She is sleeping in her hidyhole right now. She decided that she would be part goby and burrow this year. I'll find a pic of this ninja.

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is sleeping in her hidyhole right now. She decided that she would be part goby and burrow this year. I'll find a pic of this ninja.
How did you transfer her? (Catch)
I was worried at first but I like what I’m seeing ATM. We shall see. I wouldn’t mind catching her but I’ve really like the dotty now that the tank seems civil. Maybe that’s why it’s still circles the whole tank , it’s plotting…

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a ton of sexy shrimp and a couple of anemone shrimp in there. Probably more once I think about it.

Back