Tank problem please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charles
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Charles

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Thornton, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red Sea 625. I’ve had it for a little over a year now haven’t had any issues until two days ago. My heater went out. I don’t know if it was out for a day or if it was out for two days I lost two sea urchins that I had in the sump, three turbo nails, two cleaner shrimp and two Astraea snails. I replaced the heater. I did replace it with the inkbird with the two heaters so I have a back up just in case. The problem that I’m having now is my LPS corals are bleached out retracted I’m wondering what I should do if they’re gonna come back or if they’re just dead I read some of the forums if that happens to put your lights at 50% I’ve done this morning wondering if there’s anything else that I should do also my water is extremely cloudy. I am running a Reef mat 500 and a red 300 skimmer of a big thing of carbon in the sump, but my water is still cloudy. Any information would be grateful.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4011.jpeg
    IMG_4011.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4010.jpeg
    IMG_4010.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4012.jpeg
    IMG_4012.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4013.jpeg
    IMG_4013.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4012.jpeg
    IMG_4012.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4011.jpeg
    IMG_4011.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4010.jpeg
    IMG_4010.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 54
THIS IS AN AUTO RESPONDED MESSAGE

Our community here at Reef2Reef is growing and expanding at exciting rates, and so is our R2R staff team! Because of this, my ability to monitor this inbox in the traditional manner will be limited. For faster response, I ask that you submit a ticket with our new Contact Us feature. Once your ticket is submitted, a member of our team will reach out to you!

Click here to submit a ticket.

Thank you and Happy Reefing!
 
Hmm.... not sure why there was an automated response. Sorry about that. @revhtree?

Sorry for your troubles.

The cloudy water was likely a bacteria bloom. It should be gone by now, but for the future if this happens again, don't do waterchanges. Increase surface agitation, and let it do its thing. To speed it up add a UV sterilizer.

How are the corals doing now?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new