Tank recomendations

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently won a raffle for a pair of Lightening maroon clowns from my local coral shop. Super excited about this and have been thinking about a dedicated clown+anemone tank for some time. I currently have a 220G reef tank with a mated pair of Percula clowns which just happen to be laying eggs right now so there must be some fate involved in all of this.

Anyways, was looking at an all in one tank, something like innovative marine. This would be solely for these two clowns and some anemones for them and that it. Is a 25g or 30g enough or am I going to have to setup a larger system for them?

I have plenty of equipment and a large RODI system so good water and all the testing stuff is already taken care of. Just want to have a simple tank without a remote sump for these two.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are Maroons and going to get huge, go for the 30 gal.

Congratulations on your win. :)

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, 30g would be my minimum, and maybe even bigger depending on what nem/nems you choose, while BTA is the natural host match, maroons will accept most any nem provided pretty quick.

OP
OP
bdejong1112o

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, looked at a few used Nuvo tanks and think I am going to go bigger. Its all about the care of the animals and while 35-38 gallons sounds big it looks different in person. I am now looking at a 60g cube with a sump. Looks like I will start a new build thread to go with my main tank build thread.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have a 60 cube for a nem specific tank, sounds like a good choice to me, look forward to seeing build!

OP
OP
bdejong1112o

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting the build thread now. Going back and watching all the @Bulk Reef Supply ULM tank videos since I am using the same tank and stand that they used for their builds. I will link it to my signature as soon as I make the first post.

I am super pumped about it. Ordering the tank and stand tomorrow morning and local store states it will be here this Friday!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back