Tank repair

  • Thread starter Thread starter gaiarmin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gaiarmin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
7
Location
Springfield
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I want to check if it a good idea to run a bead of 3M 5200 over seams / joins for extra layer of protection??
I'm planning to purchase a used tank, eventhough some sellers list as no leak / perfect condition, but I don't want to take any risk.
 
probably not; silicone is not meant to bond to cured silicone, it is meant to bond to glass. If you want to go that route, you should fully remove scrape and clean the seams of all old silicone first. Plenty of guides on youtube to this if you so desire.
 
probably not; silicone is not meant to bond to cured silicone, it is meant to bond to glass. If you want to go that route, you should fully remove scrape and clean the seams of all old silicone first. Plenty of guides on youtube to this if you so desire.
Thank you for clarification. Reason I asked because I reas some where in the forum, one has mentioned to use that 3m 5200 in the apex corner where all panels meet when they reseal just 1 panel.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new