Tank size question

stinkydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am moving to Virginia and am noticing that a basements are not really a thing out there. I am looking to go to a 300gallon ish tank. How do people with crawl space’s create the support if needed?
If you are located near Richmond what is the go to fish store out there? Not reef related but would also like some suggestions for activities out there as well.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making sure the tank runs across as many joists as possible and some jacks to shore up the weight.

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100 year old balloon framed house (where floor joists dont sit on top of the foundation and are just nailed to the sides of he wall studs) or modern construction would be different approaches...pour a couple small concrete footings and run supports up from there...adjustable steel posts could help level the floor as well as just support it

OP
OP
S

stinkydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am think I am going to get the SCA 72x24x30. Does anyone think going 7ft instead of 6 has any perks?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,
I am moving to Virginia and am noticing that a basements are not really a thing out there. I am looking to go to a 300gallon ish tank. How do people with crawl space’s create the support if needed?
If you are located near Richmond what is the go to fish store out there? Not reef related but would also like some suggestions for activities out there as well.
My last house with a crawl space had a 660g and I used Cements blocks with small posts and it served well. You may if in question with weight distribution consult with a architecture engineer who can best suggest the plan of attack. I had to myself

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back