Tank stand ideas?

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to do a 75g DT with a 75g DT sump for macro algae but I'm not sure how I should build the stand or how to drill the top tank.

So right now my sump has two holes drilled into on one of the side panels. One is up toward the top in the middle and one is towards the bottom. Now I was thinking of having it drain onto a plate that flows into two filter sock the and have the return pump sit underneath the plate that the water comes in on. Then the rest of the 75g will be a display for macro algae like cheado, dragons breath and other kinds.

So should I design the tank stand almost like a peninsula style and just drill the new 75g on the sides with like a shadow overflow box? So the stand would look kinda like an L with the part with the filter socks and pump covered and leave the rest open. Or just do the back and have the stand be partially open for the algae to be seen somewhat like an entertainment center

Idk I'm used to freshwater stands lol so I am really struggling with this design

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to do a 75g DT with a 75g DT sump for macro algae but I'm not sure how I should build the stand or how to drill the top tank.

So right now my sump has two holes drilled into on one of the side panels. One is up toward the top in the middle and one is towards the bottom. Now I was thinking of having it drain onto a plate that flows into two filter sock the and have the return pump sit underneath the plate that the water comes in on. Then the rest of the 75g will be a display for macro algae like cheado, dragons breath and other kinds.

So should I design the tank stand almost like a peninsula style and just drill the new 75g on the sides with like a shadow overflow box? So the stand would look kinda like an L with the part with the filter socks and pump covered and leave the rest open. Or just do the back and have the stand be partially open for the algae to be seen somewhat like an entertainment center

Idk I'm used to freshwater stands lol so I am really struggling with this design
I'm in the middle of something similar. Basically put the tanks where and how you like them. You can have both drain into the same sump and have the returns to each tank. Or you can set one up higher than the other and have an overflow go to the lower tank. That is what I will do because I have a high window and I want to grow Mangroves with as much natural light as possible. The hardest part of all this is actually tuning the overflows and return pumps.

OP
OP
ZaneGreay

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mangrove was one of the items I am interested in putting into the display sump

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back