- foxface
- filefish
- watchman goby
- lyretail anthia
- square tail anthia
- royal gramma
- 2 green chromis
- lunar wrasse
I also have some corals, nothing fancy, just some gsp, zoas, xenia, mushrooms, and a leatherhead. Everyone’s been living in harmony for a few months now and I wanted to see if it would be a good idea to add any other fish or just focus on coral. I’m not the most knowledgeable about how big of a bio-load my tank can handle, since I only joined the hobby about 2 years ago. Any help is appreciated!

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your current nutrient levels? If things are ok right now as far as aggression, and your nutrient aren't out of hand, then I don't think there's anything wrong with a few additions. Just be aware that your current fish (especially the tang) is now established and may end up being territorial to some new arrivals. I'd make sure you do your research before buying, and if you don't have one, to get an acclimation box for when the time comes. It will make any new additions much more successful and likely to survive and thrive

OP
OP
L

LoganGG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your current nutrient levels? If things are ok right now as far as aggression, and your nutrient aren't out of hand, then I don't think there's anything wrong with a few additions. Just be aware that your current fish (especially the tang) is now established and may end up being territorial to some new arrivals. I'd make sure you do your research before buying, and if you don't have one, to get an acclimation box for when the time comes. It will make any new additions much more successful and likely to survive and thrive
Levels are good, I make sure to stay on top of water changes and have a skimmer good for up to 400g. Aggression isn’t bad other than the anthias occasionally chasing each other, but nobody else is aggressive . I have heard horror stories from people with lunar wrasses, but I’m curious to see what you think a good addition would be.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125g reef tank with
- 2 snowflake clowns
- copperband butterfly
- blue tang
- foxface
- filefish
- watchman goby
- lyretail anthia
- square tail anthia
- royal gramma
- 2 green chromis
- lunar wrasse
I also have some corals, nothing fancy, just some gsp, zoas, xenia, mushrooms, and a leatherhead. Everyone’s been living in harmony for a few months now and I wanted to see if it would be a good idea to add any other fish or just focus on coral. I’m not the most knowledgeable about how big of a bio-load my tank can handle, since I only joined the hobby about 2 years ago. Any help is appreciated!
My 125-
Regal angel
4 tangs (smaller to medium sized)
Foxface
2 clowns
2 eels
2 lionfish, volition and dwarf fuzzy
Harlequin tusk
Melenarus wrasse
Marine betta
Huma huma trigger
Midas blenny

All are great together and nutrients are just fine and its actually a peaceful tank despite some aggressive fish on the list. Mine is sux foot, not sure what yours is.

CJWilliams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 125-
Regal angel
4 tangs (smaller to medium sized)
Foxface
2 clowns
2 eels
2 lionfish, volition and dwarf fuzzy
Harlequin tusk
Melenarus wrasse
Marine betta
Huma huma trigger
Midas blenny

All are great together and nutrients are just fine and its actually a peaceful tank despite some aggressive fish on the list. Mine is sux foot, not sure what yours is.
This is an interesting stock list. Not issues with the tusk going after cleanup crew? Do you have any shrimp?

I’d really like an eel or lionfish. I worry about my clowns though. What type of eels?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an interesting stock list. Not issues with the tusk going after cleanup crew? Do you have any shrimp?

I’d really like an eel or lionfish. I worry about my clowns though. What type of eels?
My clean up crew is hermit crabs (the tust probably eats them here and there to be honest) a sea hare and a horseshoe crab. The sea hare and horseshoe crab do amazing in there keeping it clean! No snails other than bumblebees which the tusk probably eats lol. And no shrimp since I have predators in there!

My eels are a jeweled moray and a snowflake moray. I keep them and the lions well fed, they dont go after any of my fish. Got a midas blenny in there that the eels dont care about! My jeweled almost bit my trigger during feeding but thats cause the trigger tried to steal his food and eels are pretty much blind and go by smell!

Yeah any of the fish are a risk but I love lions and eels so I took it and just stocked bigger and faster fish around them!

Attachments

• IMG_2874.jpeg
    IMG_2874.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2821.jpeg
    IMG_2821.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 23

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clean up crew is hermit crabs (the tust probably eats them here and there to be honest) a sea hare and a horseshoe crab. The sea hare and horseshoe crab do amazing in there keeping it clean! No snails other than bumblebees which the tusk probably eats lol. And no shrimp since I have predators in there!

My eels are a jeweled moray and a snowflake moray. I keep them and the lions well fed, they dont go after any of my fish. Got a midas blenny in there that the eels dont care about! My jeweled almost bit my trigger during feeding but thats cause the trigger tried to steal his food and eels are pretty much blind and go by smell!

Yeah any of the fish are a risk but I love lions and eels so I took it and just stocked bigger and faster fish around them!
I also got adult clownfish not juveniles when stocking this tank to not tempt fate lol, midas blenny is the only fish that would fit in the eels mouths but he hangs out in his barnacle and they leave him alone

CJWilliams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got adult clownfish not juveniles when stocking this tank to not tempt fate lol, midas blenny is the only fish that would fit in the eels mouths but he hangs out in his barnacle and they leave him alone
Thanks. Yeah, the tusk, lion and a snowflake are all things I’d love to have. Not sure I’ll ever try the lion. After my clowns get bigger (they are pretty small) I’ll get a baby snowflake. Also worry about my purple Firefish since she hangs out in a cave near the sand bed.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Yeah, the tusk, lion and a snowflake are all things I’d love to have. Not sure I’ll ever try the lion. After my clowns get bigger (they are pretty small) I’ll get a baby snowflake. Also worry about my purple Firefish since she hangs out in a cave near the sand bed.
Oh yeah my blenny is my smallest fish and their adult size is 6 to 7 inches (big blenny lol). I have two tanks for that reason. If yig got a baby lionfish you could train it to eat only dead food. My dwarf fuzzy was in a tank with small fish for a long time before I moved her to my big one and never touched a thing. I have to cut her food in small chunks to get her to go for them, she doesnt even like big pieces! The volitan is a baby as well, he loves dead foods. The eel would be more of a risk in my opinion based on what Ive seen with these two! To be honest Im not worried about my snowflake eating anything, shes very calm. Its the jeweled eel I keep an eye on! That dude loves food. I think the tusk is worth it, gorgeous fish!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back