tank switch build kinda

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tang Roland! I still can't get over the difference between the 110 and the 125. Even though it's 15 gallons the 125 looks huge compared to the 110. Nice work on the plumbing, the setup up is very quiet.

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tang Roland! I still can't get over the difference between the 110 and the 125. Even though it's 15 gallons the 125 looks huge compared to the 110. Nice work on the plumbing, the setup up is very quiet.

You get 50% more square footage on the footprint by sacrificing some of the vertical space. Definitely worth it...gives so much more room for aquascaping and coral when you can spread it out instead of going vertical.

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 new additions to the tank. one small gbta i got from burtons and the other is a fu manchu lionfish. i was unsure about a loin fish in my tank that wasn't a dwarf but i did a little home work and found that this was the most docile of lionfish and stays smaller than the dwarf, but it is the hardest to get off of live food so i will see how that goes.

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried 3 times to keep a Fu Manchu lionfish with no success. 2 were DOA, and the third one made it for like 3 days in my tank before he too died. I just switched to another fish at that point. They are a beautiful lion though.

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks healthy and did eat in the store and in my tank.
did you order in from an online site or from a lfs
here are a few pics
IMG_2802.jpg
IMG_2812.jpg

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got my LED moon lights wired up last night i missed the look of moon lights

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
added another clown since one jumped over a year ago, they paired up quick. they even did there little dance that i forgot about lol. now they just have to find that nem.

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah give me another reason to take a pic of my tank lol. i just fed my FU so i will have more pics of him since hes not out that often. my gbta is doing alot better also. the crazy part is it never moved once i put it in the tank!!
my tank did so threw a mini cycle some corals did brown out alittle but are already coming back and my garf is 100% colored up

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing those pictures of your lion makes me want one again. They were my favorite lions for many years. I'm jealous that your corals colored back up so quickly. Some of mine are still struggling to find their color again :)

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the lion fish. I have been thinking about getting some different fish for my 220. I am probably going to get rid of the purple tang and possibly the foxface. I really want a crosshatch trigger as the last fish. I was also looking at a painted angler.

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not all corals colored back up my seasons greetings the polyps are super bright red but the rest is still bleached and dig in my tank are all brown except for the orange.

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after adding the other clown they have found the anemone today. that was under a week!!!

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still waiting after about 3 months for all of my stuff to color up. My Aquadelight and a red acro that I had especially. The growth tips on the red acro are showing some reddish tint to them, but the aquadelight is just puke brown. I'm just happy that some of my favorites like my lokani, blue oregon tort, pink sanddollar, and pink lemonade have all held their color throughout the process.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back