*** Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!! WIN a Plank Autofeeder and Custom Lid for Your Tank!! ***

frenchangel17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)
My little goby! Not the best picture but the only one I have right now

Attachments

• BA94D292-D430-46E1-8F76-96B9AEECCE63.jpeg
    BA94D292-D430-46E1-8F76-96B9AEECCE63.jpeg
    700.5 KB · Views: 23

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TODAY'S TANK TALK PROMPT: Tell us about your favorite public aquarium exhibit.
Since it's the one I go to most, I'll say the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach Ca., but choosing just one exhibit is like choosing your favorite child. There's just so much to chose from. From tropical waters,
20230303_145720e.jpg

Firemanceej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: I have been eyeing the plank autofeeder for awhile now. I just started in the reefing hobby a year ago and absolutely love it. My 75 gal tank has grown in such amazing ways with all my fish and corals. I absolutely love the convenience it would bring to feeding my fish. It will help me stay on a better feeding schedule and allow me to not miss any feedings when I have to go away for a few days or be out late because of work. The luxury lid would also be a great addition to my reef tank to get rid of my glass lid to help with better light penetration and coral growth.

Firemanceej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)
I absolutely love my flame hawk fish. My favorite color is red so he was an easy choice when selecting my fish. I am also a big Kansas City Chiefs fan so he was the perfect fish to name "Big Red" after Coach Andy Reid of the Chiefs.

Firemanceej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TODAY'S TANK TALK PROMPT: Tell us about your favorite public aquarium exhibit. What did you learn from seeing it?
My favorite public aquarium is Jenkinson’s Aquarium in Point Pleasant, NJ. I have been going there since I was a little kid and it was my first exposure to the saltwater world. I got to see my first coral reef exhibit here and learned about NJ's own local saltwater species. It's a tiny but beautiful place!

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

Wrasse are indeed the best

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TODAY'S TANK TALK PROMPT: Tell us about your favorite public aquarium exhibit.
Since it's the one I go to most, I'll say the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach Ca., but choosing just one exhibit is like choosing your favorite child. There's just so much to chose from. From tropical waters,
20230303_145720e.jpg

Virginia Beach aquarium has a room with a large reef tank that is like a theater of sorts with the tank being the "screen"

Really relaxing

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TODAY'S TANK TALK PROMPT: Tell us about your favorite public aquarium exhibit. What did you learn from seeing it?
The national aquarium in Baltimore is cool. It's fascinating to see fish like unicorn tangs look small in the tank. Especially compared to the rays in the same one.
I learned that the dc zoo can't keep acros alive. That was unfortunate.

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry.

The custom lid and auto feeder would be great upgrades to RedSea 525 G2+ which I recently set up a few months ago! Great to keep the fish safe and well fed!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I went to Scripps in Philadelphia several y ars back. I was cool getting to interact with the staff that were students!

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BONUS TANK TALK PROMPT: Let's talk about your favorite tank inhabitants! Share a picture of your best tank buddy (fish or invert) or your favorite coral and tell us why they make your reef tank special.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
BONUS TANK TALK PROMPT: Let's talk about your favorite tank inhabitants! Share a picture of your best tank buddy (fish or invert) or your favorite coral and tell us why they make your reef tank special.
My Halichoeres Garnoti always comes to the glass when I'm around!
My two Cleaner Gobies are always hitching a ride on my hand whenever I'm working in the tank.
My favorite though is probably my Foxface though. Fat, happy, and beautiful! He's just so shy.
IMG_20231115_102805597.jpg
IMG_20231115_103345063.jpg
IMG_20231105_172112372.jpg

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wrasses. Fairy wrasses in particular. Too many to pic from but Lineatus and Rhomboid sure are purty.

Back