Tank temperature

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what’s going on my tank is reaching 89 degrees and I have 4 fans the back is open I have a bubbler and a wave maker I don’t know why it’s a 75 gallon tank

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what’s going on my tank is reaching 89 degrees and I have 4 fans the back is open I have a bubbler and a wave maker I don’t know why it’s a 75 gallon tank
Have you verified your tempeature with a second thermometer? Could be a faulty reading!

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Heater or pump bad?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would be doing is checking what temperature outside is and inside where tank is.as see you in florida so alot higher temps than me in sunny England lol.
Checking heater not stuck on.
Checking temperature with a second device to verify heat is 89 degrees.

If heat is still far to hot,what I had to do when England had heatwave other month is keep putting 2-3 frozen pop bottles in the sump and changing every few hours.
Also I shut my windows and curtains/blinds to keep the hot air outside.
Having fans blow across top off water like you doing is good way to aid in evaporation cooling,as is making more surface agitation if possible so aids in evaporation cooling.

Ovbiously having a chiller in higher temperature countries/areas is probably best idea either a branded one or a DIY one you make your self with tubing and a mini fridge and drill holes in sides off fridge, ( lots off yourube videos showing you how)

Also lights can raise temperature off water so whilst tank water is to hot,we can turn down lights or duration,if glass or plastic lids on tank ,we can remove them so heat doesn't get trapped in them,having a mesh lid would help help in stopping fish from jumping .

Good luck

OP
OP
G

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My inside room temp can t be that because I have another tank in the same room at 78.9 I have used a second thermom Maybe the heater I have to check the pump I doubts faulty I don’t have a sump but I can put bottle i could right now it’s 77 degrees outside so i real don’t know why I’ll check the thermometer and the heater to see if it’s faulty

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be a heater sticking. Get a controller like inkbird for both tanks. I consider my controller the most important piece of equipment I have.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also could place your hand/fingers on any internal pumps to see if they overly hot as all pumps and the like produce heat

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the summer I removed all heaters, as my room temperature gets to 80 and it is warm enough. I just put the heater back last week, when my house temperature dropped to 65.
What light do you use and are they closed the tank? How are the fish and invert doing? at 89 they would start needing more O2 and act funny.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the summer I removed all heaters, as my room temperature gets to 80 and it is warm enough. I just put the heater back last week, when my house temperature dropped to 65.
What light do you use and are they closed the tank? How are the fish and invert doing? at 89 they would start needing more O2 and act funny.
At 89 everything would die.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back