Tank Thread

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,551
Reaction score
1,021
Location
Canton Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
4
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This will be the start of my new tank thread!

125g built in wall with 75g sump and 40g frag tank. Total water approx 200g

IMG_2022.JPG
 
Looks good!
 
Very nice:)
 
I re-Did my wiring. Made it organized. Also bought my first rainbow chalice last month! Getting ready to install two 48x24x12 frag tanks beginning of may! Can't wait

IMG_2596.JPG


IMG_2597.JPG


IMG_2615.PNG
 
Next month I will tear down my little frag tank and then I'll be setting up two 48x24x12 frag tanks in its place.
 
This is the old frag tank coming out

IMG_2517.JPG
 
My tank turned two years old last week. I've gotten a lot better at keeping my levels stable and I'm finally getting good color and growth out of my Acropora. My frogspawn in the middle I have already cut in half FOUR times and sold well over 60-70 heads!
I'll be buying a frag pack after my wedding this Sept of some nice Acros from Battle Corals! Can't wait to give you some more progression pictures!

IMG_3023.JPG


IMG_3024.JPG


IMG_3025.JPG


IMG_3026.JPG


IMG_3027.JPG


IMG_3028.JPG
 
What is that growing on the back wall. Looks amazing
 
It's Pulsing Xenia. I keep it only on the glass so it doesn't spread over the rock. It's pretty nice that the back wall moves and pulses
 
I placed a rock right up to the glass and eventually they spread to the glass and I yanked the rock once they were attached. Every month or so I have to trim them away from the rocks.
 
Quick shot of the frag tank.

5C3E94E9-C93D-4664-8D4E-6D044BE0242D.jpeg
 
Love the frag tank! So organized!
 
the tank is finally trimmed out

8BD3C826-1025-46B5-A6EA-99F201EB9780.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new