Tank tops

Kurt73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what options I may have on tank tops for rimmed 45 gallon tank? Im currently using the glass panels that comes with standard rimmed tanks. They dirty up very quick and colle t a lot of salt over spray. Do I have other options? Thanks.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what options I may have on tank tops for rimmed 45 gallon tank? Im currently using the glass panels that comes with standard rimmed tanks. They dirty up very quick and colle t a lot of salt over spray. Do I have other options? Thanks.
Jc penny’s I think is running a sale on tank tops lol!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Kidding !!
For rimmed tanks in the past I’ve gone the dyi route with netting , light diffuser grating and electrical slit tubing . Cut the diffuser grating to just fit inside the lower lip of the plastic rim . Stretch and glue the netting across the grate then use the electrical slit plastic tubing and spread it over the sides/edges of the grate to make it look neat . I wish I had pictures but it’s been a while since I did this .

Last edited:

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You will not find the clear mesh at home Depot. Just the aluminum frame and corners.
Bulk reef supply sales rolls of clear mash in 6 ft sections.
Sometimes local fish stores will have a roll as well

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will not find the clear mesh at home Depot. Just the aluminum frame and corners.
Bulk reef supply sales rolls of clear mash in 6 ft sections.
Sometimes local fish stores will have a roll as well
Amazon has the netting cheaper

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back