- Joined
- Oct 7, 2020
- Messages
- 227
- Reaction score
- 169
- Location
- Tokyo
- What state or country do you live in
- Other International
Hi all,
I'm upgrading to a bigger tank soonish. I have a tank now that has a vermatid infestation. I have lots of live rock and coral in the tank I want to transfer but hate the look of vermatids. Also it's a pain to remove rock and crush them. I'm hesitant to move everything over with the vermatids and know that no matter meticulous I am crushing/removing them during the transfer, some will find their way into the new tank. Should I just do my best to remove what I can and hope they stay at a reasonable level in the new tank? I'm leaning towards just dealing with them because the rock is 3-4 years old.
P.S: I've tried calcium carbonate and bumblebee snails but not sure if they helped because I still have them.
Thoughts or past experiences with this situation anyone?
I'm upgrading to a bigger tank soonish. I have a tank now that has a vermatid infestation. I have lots of live rock and coral in the tank I want to transfer but hate the look of vermatids. Also it's a pain to remove rock and crush them. I'm hesitant to move everything over with the vermatids and know that no matter meticulous I am crushing/removing them during the transfer, some will find their way into the new tank. Should I just do my best to remove what I can and hope they stay at a reasonable level in the new tank? I'm leaning towards just dealing with them because the rock is 3-4 years old.
P.S: I've tried calcium carbonate and bumblebee snails but not sure if they helped because I still have them.
Thoughts or past experiences with this situation anyone?
