Tank transfer

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on doing my first tank upgrade. Fluval Flex 32.5 to a Red Sea Max E-260. This will be a a 32.5G to a 69g (55 DT). Is there an “easy” way to transfer my current fish to the new tank. I only have fish, no corals. Or will I have to figure out a way to rehome all my current fish and start over?

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Effectively a sand rinse thread...

Move rock and fish to 5G buckets and as much water as you can. Rinse sand well with tap until clear and final rinse in RO or dechlorinated tap. Add sand and rock. Wait 10 minutes and add fish once salinity and temp in the full tank match. Have enough premade SW on hand +20% extra than you think you need.

OP
OP
AirIck

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would LOVE to be able to do this, just the issue I am having is I would like the new tank to go where my current one is and I live alone so there is no way I can safely move my current tank to another room while the new tank is cycling. Unless I can somehow hire a moving service to help with that?

OP
OP
AirIck

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current setup has 25lbs of rock, so I would definitely need to purchase more rock.
I’d also need to purchase more sand. I wasn’t thinking of transferring the sand as I heard that could pose threats to the new tank, but from another thread that seemed to be debated true or not?

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would LOVE to be able to do this, just the issue I am having is I would like the new tank to go where my current one is and I live alone so there is no way I can safely move my current tank to another room while the new tank is cycling. Unless I can somehow hire a moving service to help with that?
You can read my tank build thread. I emptied most of my water and moved my old tank and then had both up and running until the new tank cycled. If you temporarily empty enough water to move the tank but enough to keep the fish underwater it is possible. It worked for me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back