Tank turnover, sump / display

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BryanM

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Messages
8,908
Reaction score
10,991
Location
Morgan Hill
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was reading this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i...d-powerheads-for-the-reef-tank-part-1.572239/

As well as others, and I came to the conclusion that 3-5x sump->tank was good. I never really did figure out about the turnover in the display tank from the powerheads, i've just eyeballed coral movement.

I have a cor-20, and did the calcs to get it in that 3-5x range.
I have a DC Skimmer 600 (redsea), and am wondering if 3-5x is still appropriate, or if it should be lower or not due to the skimmer.
I also have to icecap 2k gyres running at 55%.

Redsea 425xl g2, display I believe is 91gallons, so I'm thinking the two powerheads @ 55% is more than plenty.
 
if tank turnover is not creating the flow in the tank, then I think it can be far less than 3x per h.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new