Tank upgrade in your future? Here are some tips for going bigger!

Do you have plans to have a bigger tank in the future?

• YES (tell us the size in the thread)

Votes: 370 55.1%
  • NO not at all

Votes: 141 21.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 139 20.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 21 3.1%

• Total voters

Rick Carson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on upgrading my Waterbox 40.2AIO to a Waterbox 50.3 AIO which i've had for 5 years. I only have fish in for now. Which is the best and easiest wat to do this? Can I use the water from my old tank? I was not planning on using the old live sand but I do have live rock and media that I was going to transfer over to the new tank. Is this a good idea or not? Thanks for any input and or advice on this you can give.

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 65gal thats been running for almost 2 years successfully. I just purchased a 225gal tank that im in the process of resealing and drilling for an overflow and returns. Hopefully will have it up and running by next summer

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depth is a pain, im at 30" deep and with a 210G and I think a 180 more manageable, not being able to reach your sand bed easily through canopy makes for some long term issues. Next tank will be starfire glass for sure
I just got a 225 thats 30" deep. Thankfully I have long arms but I'm sure that its still gonna be a pain.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 225 thats 30" deep. Thankfully I have long arms but I'm sure that its still gonna be a pain.
Me too, its not so bad if you take the canopy off. And im in no rush to switch to a 180 anytime soon. A starfire 180 probably my dream tank

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 71 47.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back