Tank Upgrade Options

djm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2021
Messages
104
Reaction score
45
Location
London
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I’m thinking about upgrading my current tank. I’ve had a fluval spec marine (60L/16g) for about 2 years now. This was my first saltwater tank and am now looking to go bigger.

I’m just doing some research at the moment to work out the ideal system and the cost etc. I don’t want to go huge so have been looking at around 120l/26g size tanks.

now, I don’t know whether to go for another AIO type system like the Fluval Flex Marine which is 123l and includes the light etc (https://charterhouse-aquatics.com/s...l-flex/fluval-flex-marine-123l-aquarium-black) or to go with one which has a sump. I’ve looked at the TMC Habitat 60 for example (https://www.swelluk.com/tmc-reef-ha...pVfD_BwE#reef-habitat-60-aquarium-cabinet-oak)

I’d be interested in hearing your pros & cons and any other recommendations.

Thanks!
 
I really like the DD reef pro aquariums. They come in various sizes from 60cm to 180cm. Stand comes fully assembled and is solid. Plus I think for Rm what you get they are a great price too. All available through Charterhouse too
 
Hi Guys,

I’m thinking about upgrading my current tank. I’ve had a fluval spec marine (60L/16g) for about 2 years now. This was my first saltwater tank and am now looking to go bigger.

I’m just doing some research at the moment to work out the ideal system and the cost etc. I don’t want to go huge so have been looking at around 120l/26g size tanks.

now, I don’t know whether to go for another AIO type system like the Fluval Flex Marine which is 123l and includes the light etc (https://charterhouse-aquatics.com/s...l-flex/fluval-flex-marine-123l-aquarium-black) or to go with one which has a sump. I’ve looked at the TMC Habitat 60 for example (https://www.swelluk.com/tmc-reef-ha...pVfD_BwE#reef-habitat-60-aquarium-cabinet-oak)

I’d be interested in hearing your pros & cons and any other recommendations.

Thanks!
Don’t forget to look at all the options from Innovative Marine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new