Tank Upgrade

MarcStu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what tanks people recommend to upgrade too. I’m currently running a stock fluval evo 13.5. Just wanna know for future reference :)

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well MarcStu, you've come to the right place :p After about 10 years in the hobby, a couple of nanos, a 70G, then some time away, I arrived at the same tank you have. Then, 7 Months ago, I moved to the Red Sea MAX NANO, which is a great all-in-one tank with a formidable skimmer (don't let anyone tell you anything else--it's a beast and absolutely silent) and a fantastic light (though I had to dial it down--even my SPS reacted poorly on its highest intensity). It's my midway to my final tank, but I will probably have it for another year at least (when my coral/fish outgrow it). For now, I am very happy with the upgrade and would recommend it and a solid upgrade if you want to remain in the nano space.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add to @Jonify, Red Sea makes good tanks and has some that has almost everything you need. I have a Red Sea Max E-260, (69g DT and 12g Sump), which I had to add the skimmer, (replaced stock skimmer), and return pump to get it going.

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering a tank upgrade from a fluval flex 32.5 to a Red Sea (I’m confused on the difference between the E and S series, and Reefer). Either way I’m looking around a 55-60g.
My question: is there an “easy” way to safely transfer everything from my current tank to the new tank? How do I go about doing that? This will be my first ever upgrade.

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded to the Red Sea Max E-260 from a 40 gallon bowfront. It was an established tank from a local reefer that was getting out of the hobby. It was in great shape for a great price and I was able to combine both systems without losing any livestock.

Here is a simplified description of the differences between Red Sea tanks are:
S series - this is an all in one system. Where Red Sea includes all the equipment you need to get started including lights, return pump, and protein skimmer. These are their high end tanks.

E series - this is an all in one system with a smaller sump area in the back of the tank that has a small protein skimmer and power heads. These systems also have an optional sump that you can purchase. Then you need to purchase a return pump and larger skimmer.

Reefer series - this is their main tank series and it typically includes just the tank and stand. You need to purchase the equipment for this like return pump, protein skimmer and power heads. You have the flexibility to set up thr system the way you want.

Back