tank upgrade

msoutdoor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I'm starting to plan a tank upgrade from a 55gal to a waterbox peninsula 4820 (80 gal display, 29gal sump). What are some things that I need to think about that may not be obvious? Also, this is my stocking list. Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be appreciated. I am very open to fish not on my list. My current tank is very peaceful and i'd like to keep it that way. The tank is and will continue to be mainly softies and LPS.

Current stock:
ocellaris clowns x2
clown goby
royal gramma
Yellow Tang (don't hate me, he was given to me, it's a juvenile and small, I accepted him knowing I would be upgrading soon)

additions:
one spot foxface
Pink streaked wrasse
Melanurus wrasse
Fairy wrasse
Midas blenny or other blenny?

right now i don't have a lot of motion in my tank in terms of fish that swim so i'm looking for more active fish. Thank you for any input!

Brian Ardolino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the usual Anthias and chromis. Im a big fan of Chalk Bass. They are peaceful they don't get very large and will add some movement to the tank. If you have room for the 6025 that extra 2 feet will be a game changer with stocking and aquascape

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet
@Brian Ardolino nailed it. He said everything I was thinking. Exercise caution with the wrasse. Do your research as some don't play nice with other wrasse.

OP
OP
M

msoutdoor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the advice. i was thinking 3 wrasse might be a bit much. I like the idea of the chalk bass.

Back