tank value

SamBackspins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely part it out like others are saying. Although I’m not as sure as the others who have responded that the equipment won’t bring much value.

On a local site like marketplace or Craigslist I can totally see each of those lights bringing in 50 bucks. especially if you still have the box.

the mp40s, overflow, tank, and other semi brand name equipment I would list online for 50-75% of the new price. Granted, it might take a while, but somebody will totally come along and buy if after a few weeks.

I have no guidance on the corals, I’ve never sold livestock, but I’ve sold a lot of equipment for this and other hobbies online.

best of luck man.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I can’t contribute to estimates, if you’re looking at upgrading, it may be worth it to keep the MPs for the upgrade. Just a thought

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so i have a 55 gallon mixed reef that i might be taking down in the next few months. i was just wondering if you were to buy it how much you would do it for. here is what it contains:
Coral:
-6*6 inch gsp colony, $25
-zoanthid frag - $10
-5head ricordea - ??
- 6 inch wide 5 inch tall 5 inch long acro - $50
-goni frag - ??
-4 head duncan - $15
-ricordea frag - ??

inverts: maybe $50 total, also depends on how big the nem is and what type
- tons of snails and crabs
-cleaner shrimp
-sexy anemone shrimp
-bubble tip anemone
-giant emerald crab

equipment:
-eshopps 1200 gph hob overflow - $30
-random 1200 gph adjustable 40 dollar amazon pump - $50
-10 gallon sump - $5
-blue ocean hob protein skimmer for 75 gallon - $25
-2 nicrew 50w leds - $40-50
-150ish pounds of live rock with coraline - $2/lb maybe, probably closer to $1/lb
-60 pounds of carib sea sand - $0
-300watt heater - $20
-55/75 gallon wood stand - $50
-tons of additives and equipment prob worth like 200.

tank : standard 55 gallon - $50 if its in PERFECT condition

just wondering how much it would be worth r someone would buy it for, not actually for sale.
I put some prices with realistically with what you can expect for most of the stuff. And this is if you part all of it separately and wait for someone to pay these prices.

The corals you have probably aren't worth what you think they are. I sell duncans for $10-20 for 5+ heads and have a HARD TIME moving them. I GIVE AWAY gsp frags all the time.

If you really don't want this set up, price it to move, I'd start at $400 for everything, and probably go as low as $250 if I really wanted it gone.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so so far i have heard that i could get 25-50% back on what i bought everything for
That's sounds about right. You'll probably need to find someone just getting into the hobby on a budget to sell it as a package deal.

Being "budget" build items, they really aren't going to hold value, or be desired items. HOB overflows are a hard sell to people

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, why would the hob overflow be hard to sell?
they aren't desired and can fail pretty easily if not set up correctly, or without the correct amount of flow through them.

they are not a "bad" item. But if anyone searches for hob overflow the first results are about how they fail.

SamBackspins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you thinking of selling this stuff on R2R or a local site like Facebook marketplace or Craigslist?

I know it makes absolutely no sense, but you can sell a 55 gallon tank for 100$ on one of the latter sites. Even though a new 55 can be 70 dollars retail sometimes. Other equipment can follow similar suit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back