Tank volume v capacity to determine fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mariette
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hahaha I like the way you think. It’s a space issue to be honest. Maybe it’s time for a bigger house lol

180g is only 6” wider and a few inches taller than a standard 125g. Try to make it fit. You’ll be glad you did
 
Neither. I go by the dimensions over anything else. Big difference between say a standard 125 gallon tank vs a 150 gallon that is 4 feet long, 2 feet wide and 30 inches tall. The 6 foot long 125 gallon has far more useable space being a 6 foot long tank and doesn't have the headaches of being a tall tank so to speak. Yes water volume matters to an extent, but if you have a 75 gallon display tank and a 210 gallon sump you still only have the useable space of a 75 gallon tank in terms of stocking options for fish.

Excellent point. I’m considering a 5 foot long tank plus sump. I’m going to get a detailed list of potential fish going and post it on this forum, together w the dimensions of the tank, to see what everyone thinks. Thx for your input :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new