tanked show responds to criticism

lerchcon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where as i dont miss an episode, I would have to disagree with the whole " if you dont have anything nice to say concept." This is a forum, forums can be used to voice an opinion, nothing more, in the end it is just one opinion. As time goes by you can definately change an opinion of something after giving it all perspectives and maybe seeing it from another point of view, you may not have seen in the first place. If you disagreed with a co worker or family member you would let them know right? So although you may not like the opinions of some, and you may not share some views, in the end we are not in a world where everyone gets told what they want to hear. either way they gain popularity and reviews by us disagreeing with each other. People talking bad about the show still gives them Hype for lack of better word, we still help with their reviews in the end. Even negative reviews can be positive promotion of the show, because i may say" hey this show tanked is bad" then who i told that to will watch and tell ten he loved it, in the end by the end of one season a million people have now heard of the show. I am rambling now hopefully my point gets across in a positive light.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naturally some of us are going to disagree with the show. We're hobbyists. Our mission is to promote the hobby in a way that more interested folks learn to keep a healthy tank. We don't want to see imminent death, and we know that there will be for some undeserving creatures who are going to get bought because it's that easy. It doesn't mean we want the show banned. It could be done better with just a few disclaimers. And there are critics of all of these reality shows. They're often closer to the real side of things and don't want to see disaster in ways because they know what can happen. We know what can happen and it's our duty to educate other interested potential hobbyists.
We can take the stance that it's not our tank and ours is fine, but that's not very responsible in the grand scheme of things.
lerchcon, I agree entirely! Well said.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where as i dont miss an episode, I would have to disagree with the whole " if you dont have anything nice to say concept." This is a forum, forums can be used to voice an opinion, nothing more, in the end it is just one opinion. As time goes by you can definately change an opinion of something after giving it all perspectives and maybe seeing it from another point of view, you may not have seen in the first place. If you disagreed with a co worker or family member you would let them know right? So although you may not like the opinions of some, and you may not share some views, in the end we are not in a world where everyone gets told what they want to hear. either way they gain popularity and reviews by us disagreeing with each other. People talking bad about the show still gives them Hype for lack of better word, we still help with their reviews in the end. Even negative reviews can be positive promotion of the show, because i may say" hey this show tanked is bad" then who i told that to will watch and tell ten he loved it, in the end by the end of one season a million people have now heard of the show. I am rambling now hopefully my point gets across in a positive light.

I wrote a bunch of stuff but chose not to post it. I dont agree with this show for many reasons. With that said, I also feel that TV can be deceiving and I dont feel the need to come on here and bash a couple guys I never met because TV gave me a certain opinion about them. I do find the show entertaining but Im not completely sure its not coming at the cost of the animals sometimes.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be on Reef Housewives! My tank always gets cleaned and cared for, but the house--not so much!!!

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liz and i watch the show... i admit that sometimes i cringe when i see certain things... but im also fairly certain with the amount of money they spend in these things... they probably have much better equipment and resources than you and i... including hiring someone to maintain their show... so.. i dont dont think the show is accountable as much as the retailer.. im sure they have in depth conversations with their clients... its up to us to police ourselves... and by "us" i mean buyers and retailers....

however i do agree if they dont already... they should probably disclaimer "WE ARE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS, PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME WITHOUT FIRST CONSULTING R2R... OH AND REEF CENTRAL SUCKS!!!" dude.. that would sooooo rock!

:)

SRT80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see updates on these tanks they have done. Someone posted in the Tanked forum (post has been removed, but I seen it last night) about the skateboard ramp tank. I thought that tank was ridiculous. Skating on a tank just seems like a bad idea, for the fish. But they said all the fish but a few died and the water parameters were really bad. They had to tear the tank down and clean everything and set it up all over again.

When they stock these tanks with all these fish, you know it's not cheap. But it's probably like pennies to the millionaires and maybe they don't care to replace fish every month or so. But I feel bad for the fish in that case. Although I don't know what's true and what's not...

Steve

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see updates on these tanks they have done. Someone posted in the Tanked forum (post has been removed, but I seen it last night) about the skateboard ramp tank. I thought that tank was ridiculous. Skating on a tank just seems like a bad idea, for the fish. But they said all the fish but a few died and the water parameters were really bad. They had to tear the tank down and clean everything and set it up all over again.

When they stock these tanks with all these fish, you know it's not cheap. But it's probably like pennies to the millionaires and maybe they don't care to replace fish every month or so. But I feel bad for the fish in that case. Although I don't know what's true and what's not...

Steve

But who cares about a few dead fish, right? If it were a room full of dead puppies then people would be outraged.

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Steve

I do believe there was an episode where they went back to a build and at the request of the homeowner, installed a feeder for the fish. That tank still looked wonderful and I think it was a FO only tank...but it looked awesome...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back