tanked show responds to criticism

orthokardia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he was speaking at MACNA and said the show was very edited and many times the things they did came across out of context

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the show. I say screw the critics. You can't please everyone. Just my opinion of course :)

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it also...

The biggest problem we as reefers have viewing this program is the we know what it takes to do saltwater tanks and the editing is making it look totally different.

UCedumacasion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how I feel, I saw the reef tank one a couple of days ago and I can tell you I wouldn't put that many clarkiis in a tank, I mean they look good but they get big and mean, I can see them taking over that whole side. That said the tank looked good

SRT80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only watched a couple episodes. I don't see the show leaning towards "reefers". Or a show that really promotes responsible tank keeping. I view it like the "Pimp my ride" and stuff like that. Just doin' amazin' things with tanks that us average folks will never be able to have or probably wouldn't even want. I mean, that one couple put a quarentine tank system that cost....was it $30k?

It's a show just for entertainment. I do plan to watch some episodes tonight if they are showing On Demand.

Steve

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no expert on tanks, I just enjoy their beauty and let David handle the difficult stuff, so I can't critique like everyone else. Brett seems like a nice enough guy, and I enjoy their practical joking. I hope it's successful in bringing in new hobbyists! My only concern is people diving into the hobby without learning and gaining proper knowledge first. Hopefully R2R can help with that! :wink:

SRT80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand. It looks like all their clients are millionaires in million dollar homes. Who just has tanks in their homes like a nice piece of furniture. The only thing they do is feed the fish. They probably don't do there own cleaning or water changes. They pay to have everything done and they can sit back and enjoy the nice tank. And there's nothing wrong with that. If I had the money, I'd probably do the same.

Other than that, after watching a couple more episodes, it's just another reality show where they get into there personal lives and stuff. Just show me the tanks...

Steve

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Show has been picked up for a new season and double the shows so it's sticking around for longer than you think. ;)

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it just doesnt do it for me. Now put on some pawn stars oe american pickers and ill be glued to the tv all night lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love both of those shows too! LOL!

Surf&turf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's called entertainment, it's why you watch TV.

If we as hobbyist didn't already know everything about reefing :nerd: we would probably really enjoy it to.

lerchcon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be totally honest it is because of this show that myself and my wife have decided to take on this hobby. But I am not new to fish, just saltwater, as I have said before I have a pond in the backyard with 7 large Koi, but after watching this show and researching I can see that there is alot of patience, reading, research, more research, then when you think you have it, do more research. But I learned the hard way with the pond thing as this is my 3rd pond I have built. So now before i jump into my planned fish only tank I will take the time to learn as much as I can to keep from killing off anything, I am sure it will happen, but not because I didnt do my research. I love the show, Brett was cool when I met him, but I have to strongly agree with those that say, it isnt in my budget to deal with them Unless i win Megabucks, the odds of that happening would be like Animal planet knocking at my door and giving it to me for free. :) it is ok I will continue to learn some things by watching, and I have also been to pawn stars, it is impossible to get anything from there as well, because once they get famous, we middle class people cant afford them. Not to mention the hour wait to go inside was hell in the heat :). But I will continue to watch them as well. I think reality TV has gotten out of control but some things I like watching.

Being new to the hobby I am not sure if this is expensive or not, but I recently had a buddy here in Vegas ask Brett for a quote on a tank only. He is buying a new house and wanted to get a tank, I think over all the tank would have been about 500 gallons, roughly 7-8 feet long and about 2 feet deep, and 3 feet tall but I am sure when calculated the measurements are wrong :), anyhow the quote came back for JUST the accrylic tank it will cost him about $7700 minus taxes and delivery. To me that seems a bit excessive. But I ask anyone who comes to vegas and lives here to go see for yourselves and form your own opinion after talking in person with the cast, as this is just my opinion :)

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome lerchcon! Welcome to the hobby!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back