Tankless new member

NelleG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
long time listener, first time caller. Wait….wrong show. Anyhow. Stumbled on this forum a few months ago but never did introduce myself. Moved to Florida (like everyone else) from the Northeast this past winter. Took up scuba diving a few years ago and decided I needed to be closer to daily diving while I can still do it. Just before moving, I met a new coworker who was/is into reef keeping. How did I not know this is a thing? It goes hand in hand with diving and I had no clue. Since then I have become obsessed with what my tank is going to be once we get moved into our “forever” home.

The house is under construction and should be done at the end of September. I am having the laundry room set up to put my RO/DI in there which will be about 12’ from where the tank will be. I want at least 150gal DT and will probably go with a Waterbox since the LFS closest to me is a dealer (and I like the owner).

Please feel free to chime in with any tips and tricks that need to know. I am open to it all. Since I still have a few months before I’m ready to start building, I’m planning on buying lights, power heads, pumps, and other things in small boxes that I can easily store then move in a few months.

Love reading everyone else’s posts, thanks for sharing your tanks with me.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_3538.jpg

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

That's going to be a nice setup! I wish I could do construction on a tank and house around the same time! So many cool things I would build!

OP
OP
NelleG

NelleG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

That's going to be a nice setup! I wish I could do construction on a tank and house around the same time! So many cool things I would build!
Would love to read your ideas. I’m going to do the salt water mixing station and RO/DI in the laundry room. Found a youtube video on making this setup, and so far I have everything I need except for one tank. There’s a 30 week lead time on getting it but I’m hoping it will show up sooner than that.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!! :)

have you run any wiring or plumbing in the walls yet? For example Cat5 cable for controller connection

OP
OP
NelleG

NelleG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!! :)

have you run any wiring or plumbing in the walls yet? For example Cat5 cable for controller connection
so it’s basically a spec house in a planned community. There’s very little in the plans that I could change but we do have cat5 cable. No plumbing in the wall for the tank, they won’t do that for me. Foundation is a slab and floor will be tile.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to read your ideas. I’m going to do the salt water mixing station and RO/DI in the laundry room. Found a youtube video on making this setup, and so far I have everything I need except for one tank. There’s a 30 week lead time on getting it but I’m hoping it will show up sooner than that.
I have always wanted to install an auto water change system to go from the basement mixing station to where my tank is in the living room. That would save a ton of time for me. I probably will do it eventually.

Now if I was building from scratch and had the room I would put my tank right up against a wall with a cutout behind and have a fish room with the sump open and accessible on the other side. I would want to have a frag system connected to the same water volume as well.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back