Tankmate for Dragon Eel?

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a such thing as a good tankmate for my Baby dragon eel? Obviously I know he will eat what fits in his mouth. Since he is small right now I was thinking maybe a wartskin angler or something. Long run when he gets bigger maybe a lionfish or something... Pic for fun. He's just a little guy

IMG_8456.JPG

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank is it in?

Depending on the tank, you could go with something like: rabbit fish, fox face, leaf fish, lion fish, groupers, triggers, banded bamboo shark, box fish, porcupine puffer, dogface puffer, dragon wrasse, harlequin tusk, group of convict tangs (add at same time.. aggressive towards other tangs), other larger tangs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michael43

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's going in a small cube right now till he starts to grow up. Probably about a 25-30 gallon. He's tiny. Earthworm size. That's why I was thinking angler since they don't need a ton of room.

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's probably going to be your best option in a tank that small. What size tank is the eel's final home? They can get over 2.5 ft

OP
OP
Michael43

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will absolutely provide an adequate home. I always do. I have some time tho to think it out. I want a zebra horn pair in the worst way. Will try and set something up hopefully otherwise worst case would be a larger dedicated cube

Customride0105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything fast moving is fine. I have damsels in with mine but mines around 36inches long. Keep it feed well and wont pay attention to anything else

Customride0105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With mine. When it's happy it stays in one spot and just suns. When it's hungry it goes searching. That's when u know time to feed mine actually comes up to the corner of the tank and stays there like begging for food. Kinda cool to watch and it get a feed rite then when she's in the corner so she knows to go there

Mistborn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mean to hijack, but do ya'll think a Japanese dragon would be okay sharing a tank with a snowflake eel? Or is my snowflake gonna get wrecked upon the introduction of the dragon?

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you would be able to. I had s snowflake eel together with a yellow head eel no problems. Now I just got another snowflake eel to replace the one I gave away. I hope to have a tank to house dragon moray Australian tuskfish along with maybe a shark.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back