tanks from Luc en Anja

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome fish! He appears to be a blenny. Very similar to the barnacle blenny. There are a few different barnacle blenny patterns including the polka dotted one. They dont get much bigger than 1.5 inches and usually hang out in groups.

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luc, I really like the tank. You said you run 4x24 watt ATI T-5 lights over that? Very good stuff. If you were closer I would trade :D

OP
OP
J

Jawsee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some more pic's from the nano,a very nice alveopora,red whit yellow hart,

24Large-2.jpg

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you guys are very skilled at reef keeping must be nice to have a wife also interested... at least she understands haha but both of your tanks are amazing

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi luc ...your wife's nano is very beautiful and very colorful ...
The mix of zoanthus is really great, I really mixing ...
Your zoanthus black is white are fabulus, I had never seen before.
Ton acantastrea is beautiful ... Where are you bougt it? Poisson d'or???

Au plaisir ....
Jo

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef Jawsee.....Great looking tank....That red yuma is one of the brightest I have seen.

OP
OP
J

Jawsee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jo,thanks for the nice words,if you do visit Poisson sometimes,it's two hours driving from my house,my home is near by Maastricht.
greetings Luc
Hi luc ...your wife's nano is very beautiful and very colorful ...
The mix of zoanthus is really great, I really mixing ...
Your zoanthus black is white are fabulus, I had never seen before.
Ton acantastrea is beautiful ... Where are you bougt it? Poisson d'or???

Au plaisir ....
Jo

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Luc ... I have a friend who lives in St Guislain in Belgium and he told me we'll go to Holland to buy coral because they have very beautiful, to see your tank, I think I will go quickly.

Are you Frenchspeaker?

If one day,you're going to POISSON D'OR, tell me, I will be delighted to meet you.

Where is the description of your big tank?
Bye...

OP
OP
J

Jawsee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks you al for your nice reply's,if you want to see the tank in life you are always welcome,i don't speak much French but Englisch and german are ok.I put the pic's from the main tank into the wrong place,i wil try to fixs it.;)
Hi Luc ... I have a friend who lives in St Guislain in Belgium and he told me we'll go to Holland to buy coral because they have very beautiful, to see your tank, I think I will go quickly.

Are you Frenchspeaker?

If one day,you're going to POISSON D'OR, tell me, I will be delighted to meet you.

Where is the description of your big tank?
Bye...

OP
OP
J

Jawsee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your nice reply's,i will post some pic's from the maintank now and give some info about it,hope you enyou it:icon_smile: This tank was started around december 2003. It was started up with reefceramick because we didn't wan't to see the glass on the back. It also has a bridge and a pillar from the same material to bring some depht into the tank. We have about 150kg of living rock ?After two years we would expand towards the basement to make the system bigger and better. At first i had to make it deeper because i could not stand there. after that i imported the electrics into the floor, I made pipelines for the water to come in and then installed the other tanks when they had arrived. There now are the follwing tanks:
A colectortank (160X80X30). Here i collect corals and frags. I buy some or exchange them with friends. Lightning is 6X 80 watt aquasience special.
A fishtank (90X80X50). There is about 50 kg of living rock and corals in this tank but there are only 3 fishes in this tank because this is the tank where i put my new fish in so they can addept at ease on the new system and where they also learn to eat when they don't. Lightening is 8X 39 watt aquasience special.
A equipmenttank (90X80X40). Here you will see the BBking 300 and the open careactor.
A fragtank (120X80X30). Those frags are for sale. Lightning 6X54 watt aquasience special.
A empty sump with only water (140X80X60). Here i can change around 400 liters of water without shutting down something. I change 180l of water every 3 weeks and i use 4 different kinds of seasalt for it. I must say that i spend more time here than looking at the maintank. About two months after the switch the maintank above really went forward with an amazing growt of the corals. All the parameters from the water are much more stabil now. After 2,5 years i began collecting most off my fish. I had done this for two reasons. I had to put more and more calciumnitrate in the tank because the corals consumened everything and therefore i wanted to import some more fish to improve the balance. the second reason for me was that i wanted to give the fish a good home. I hold most of my fish in pairs. I also try to search for some different kinds of fish.
Some pic's now,

the left side
DSC_0026Large-3.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back