Tanks need some macro algae.? Anyone selling in Southern California.?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some macro algae to put in tanks.
Welcome!

Suggest instead going with online clean AlgaeBarn sourced macroalgae. I bought some online and then because one special type wasn't in stock, thru my local club I found & bought macro algae locally and put in sump.... and then my fun began... Keep in mind, everything in their tank just comes to yours... and boy did I get stuff... colonial hydroids, bubble, hair & turf algaes, pineapple sponges (also bad IMO despite what some will say as they can get 5" and someone in VA had them clog & stop pump), others have reported getting worms and other hitchhikers... it was like I licked someone with COVID, HIV, and ebola and brought it all home... Months later, after significant extra work and money I am beginning to get my tank controlled. Some say you can RO dip & coral dip macroalgae... so **IF** you get someone to give you some locally, STRONGLY recommend at least trying to keep nasties out of your tank. Me, never again. When using Vibrant to wipe out all the nasty algae wiped out all my good macroalgae types (.... annoyingly the Dragon Tongue was still ok but I tossed it when my chaeto, red ogo, sea lettuce all gone because it was only tang snack food and slow grower so more single use algae and not dual use tank filter and tang snack), Reef Flux for the other algae type nearly killed my yellow tang, I bought more red ogo (this time just going to do red ogo because it grows & works so well and tangs like to snack on it) from AlgaeBarn and have that growing in my QT converted to algae grow tank... I stopped dosing Vibrant 1 1/2 weeks ago and soon going to test some back in DT sump. If that does well, then I can report it only took 4 months to recover from buying locally ... FOUR months of work, money, frustration, near death ... and... that's just to clear up what can be cleared up... some of those nasties are never going away.... Shudder

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF

Back