Tapouts 90G radion pro mixed reef

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank J. How are the chaos doing under the radions? A few customers of mine says they dont like that much light

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5k (yikes need to clean the glass)

5k_zps7bc13d87.jpg
[/IMG]

7k_zpsa2beddb2.jpg

your tank looks great and i love all the chalices. i would really be careful about those astera starfish in the center of the glass. they have ate some of my zoas colonies down to just a few heads.

OP
OP
tapout

tapout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dims are 48x24x18 I currently run the pros 9am-10pm with a modified radiant template replacing the highest starting peak with 20k running it 6 hours then ramping down, basically omitting the increase in white light. anytime I add a chalice I either run the acclimate setting or place it under the frag rack with shade and slowly move it out. My intensity is at 75% no bleaching.

Tapout, amazing chalices! Killer tank, thanks for the color temperature comparisons. I just got 2 radion pros, and run a very similar system to yours, do you mind if I ask what your tank dimensions are and what the settings and %'s your running on the Radion Pros? I just got mine about a week ago and am trying to get my chalices in my 24" deep tank (chalices on sand bed) all acclimated correctly. Thanks!!

I started a thread about the radion pros also....
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/equipment-lighting-hardware-diy-discussion/117151-radion-pro-settings-schedule.html

OP
OP
tapout

tapout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike! well no sexy ultimate chaos(need to get some) just the regs but all my Z&Ps seem to do fine around the same level of the chalices or tiny bit higher, but I run the acclimate program with the radions with any new addition of Z&Ps or chalices. With the SPS I just leave them on a frag rack thats low-mid and after awhile raise them to a higher rack .

Nice looking tank J. How are the chaos doing under the radions? A few customers of mine says they dont like that much light

OP
OP
tapout

tapout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your tank looks great and i love all the chalices. i would really be careful about those astera starfish in the center of the glass. they have ate some of my zoas colonies down to just a few heads.

thank you I need to have a photo day of how they look now under the pros along with my new additions. I watch them on my zoas and yes I am a believer that they eat zoas but only when the zoas I think are dying/melting/something wrong So when I see them around a frag or colony I dip the zoas and they usually come back better looking. So the starfish are like an early warning system because there is ton in my tank lol I do check my tank 4-5 times a day though lol.

OP
OP
tapout

tapout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick shot of how the current rockwork/corals look still debating on adding one or two big pieces of real reef rock for sps real estate.

497b8bef-e331-4476-a161-e8a017b074c7_zps1df8442f.jpg

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my bad the stupid auto spell on the phone spelled chaos. . I meant just corals in general.

Thanks Mike! well no sexy ultimate chaos(need to get some) just the regs but all my Z&Ps seem to do fine around the same level of the chalices or tiny bit higher, but I run the acclimate program with the radions with any new addition of Z&Ps or chalices. With the SPS I just leave them on a frag rack thats low-mid and after awhile raise them to a higher rack .

OP
OP
tapout

tapout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a sick skimmer.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Thanks!

Oh my bad the stupid auto spell on the phone spelled chaos. . I meant just corals in general.

Oh, I keep the white leds down and use the acclimation program in ecosmart live and I havent had a problem. There is a par chart I have seen for the radion pros and their k values and par I will ask permission if I may post it up.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great bro!

OP
OP
tapout

tapout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang i love that sump. looks so clean and neat. wish i could get one for the 150. lol fts looks great. cant wait to see how everything grows under those radion pro. going to be epic.

Thank you very much, I am really liking the pros. Great color and growth and so far the mixed reef is coming along :)

Looking good !!

Thanks josh!

Looks good, Elite Aquatics hooked me up as well threw one on my 65 DSA,

Yeah I am really happy with the sump, I catch myself now staring both at the bottom and top of my tank lol.

OP
OP
tapout

tapout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palys:

tapouts2.jpg

stratospheres1.jpg

ASD Stratospheres