Target Mandarin Pair

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by Zack Klabunde, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Zack Klabunde

Zack Klabunde The LPS Guy R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

What are your guys thoughts on adding a male to my already female Target Mandarin. l really love these little guys and was looking into possible a male to pair up. l have a 55gallon but pods are added monthly. My female is eating LRS and RODS, and is fat and happy.

Tags:

2. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Haven't tried her with a male target, but my own female target mandy was pretty savage when I tried to add a green mandarin pair to my 65. Yours might be more appreciative of a potential boyfriend.

~Bruce

eatbreakfast and Zack Klabunde like this.
  3. Zack Klabunde

Zack Klabunde The LPS Guy R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

So I finally found one and he was added Friday. At first, he went down and settled into a large cave on the opposite side of the tank of the female. As he took a few minutes to kinda settle in and realize where he was, the female cane briskly across the sand bed right over to him, and like a curious dog peered over the rock and swam around him turning her head. She eventually took to him and they are together now. Thanks for the story Bruce. IMG_0792.JPG

Maritimer and reefndude like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted