tautog83's deep blue 80..

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well Im new here and seeing some members tanks is just mind blowing on how awesome they are .. Im not there yet but looking at some of these tanks makes you want to do better that's for sure:) .. anyways my tank is about 4 months old, It was up and running before but thought I was going to move to I sold everything and now here I am starting over...

hardware.. 2 jebao r8's , aquamaxx cones 1 skimmer biopellet reactor with ecobak plus , photon 48" about 80 lbs of live rock

livestock: labouts fairy wrasse, pink margin fairy wrasse , swissguard basslet, tomini tang and 1 lonely chromis..lol assorted snails ( including about 400 baby trochus snails that are everywhere !!) emerald crabs.. haven't taken everything off plugs yet but planning to. Im going to just glue most of the zoos t a couple bigger rocks when I actually have some time... sorry the pics came out real blue despite having the on like 15% **** ipad..

Attachments

• whole.jpg
    whole.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 195
  • torches.jpg
    torches.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 221
  • sps.jpg
    sps.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 218

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great set up and glad to see you post your system. This is a great site to get ideas and help on anything reef related. Keep the pictures coming!!!

OP
OP
tautog83

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well I made a video a couple weeks back to keep track of growth and what not , most of my livestock is the same minus the swissguard who died in February, but I have added a supermale pink margin and an African exquisite whos actually not in this video . battling a little cyano on the sand that's driving me crazy because everything else is doing great . my zoo addicition is dying and now the tank is mostly sps besides the mega nepthea and my torch garden ..I used a gel filter on my phone so it filters all the blue out so you can see things so its really not that yellow and gross looking I promise..lol

OP
OP
tautog83

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just an updated pic , stocked to the brim now!! now for the acros to fill out and we'll be set. as you can see I have several green leather frags ready to be sold but I need to cut about 20 more, lol. pics with gel filter and a phone don't have a good camera to get good closeups
fulltank.jpg

OP
OP
tautog83

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

well since nobody every really replies, ill keep this as log for myself:p its been about a month now and i got rid of all my torches and leathers, and im just focusing on sps right now. I cut a couple frags got some new ones so just need everything to fill in. Its nice to see how much the pearlberry, the shortcake and the one green pocillipora has grown since this last picture. I moved around some rocks to fill in the giant hole the nepthea left. Now i guess just let everythign grow in:) This is with a gel filter and an ipad so the colors are washed out but its the best i can do with what i have

butters417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, let it all grow in so I can get some more frags :)

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice video, your tank is awesome, I'm new to this and I love seeing everyone's tanks and can only hope that mine looks half as nice as yours. :)

OP
OP
tautog83

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good! Thanks for the frags!

thanks man, i see you found me on here. obviously really old ill have to remake another video or take some pics . i do it mainly to see the growth of some of the frags over time. i dont wanna show off my brown ssc thats for sure LOL hope the frags are working out for you

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back