Taylor's 120 gallon SPS reef

There isn’t much to report on this week other than getting a new Icecap Kalk reactor. It was perfect timing as it went on sale right when I started looking. I won’t have it here till next week most likely but am really looking forward to setting it up.

The frag tank has been taking the back seat lately while I tune my display tank and it gets running smoothly. I need to start spending a little more time on it before I get dinos with where my nitrates and phosphates are at. I’ll probably swap over a dosing pump so that I can begin dosing nitrates daily. I’ve been dosing 2-3 ml a day and Im still showing basically 0. Im assuming the miracle mud and live rock I transferred over is being very efficient at removing waste.
 
Random Trading Places reference, sorry about that!

But your tank is looking great and the pictures of the pink lemonade and other acros from your first tank are awesome.
 
I've been around here for a long time and figured its time to share my setup since Im often in this forum oogling other's aquariums.

I've tried just about every method of keeping SPS tanks but always seem to fall back on simplicity. I run T5w, a skimmer and dosing pumps. No reactors, no refugium, no chemicals. I've recently seen a few people complaining about a certain salt that I also use and have been ok with for a while. I have noticed dull colors on a lot of my montipora which is what others have been reporting. I decided to go back to Tropic Marin Pro-reef as I loved it last time I used it years ago.

I'll be posting a mix of photos from imgur and instagram.









I like the no reactor, no fuge, and no chemicals part... jk jk jk. whatever you are doing appears to be working!
 
I like the no reactor, no fuge, and no chemicals part... jk jk jk. whatever you are doing appears to be working!
I’ve been doing this for many years. I bet if I stopped shuffling through methods of reef keeping I might have even more successful! My attention span is terrible but things seem to be working ok regardless. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new