OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump arrived safe and sound. Currently on hold with marineland...

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry about the 3 rd tank, I know how you feel, The whole thing killed my tank build to the point I gave up. Lost tons of money too .. I wish I would have tested mine before drilling. I think it is time Marineland offers people a full refund and pulls the tank off the market till they fix their problems. Maybe I should have not given up so easy.

Anyway the sump looks absolutely incredible, almost looks like mine from Building An Obsession sump, just less white... Very nice clean sump.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice sump . Has all the right touches IMHO .. Kudos to Zeroedge for thinking things through , other than just slapping some acrylic together . I am glad the sump purchase n mods were a painless process .

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the 3 rd tank, I know how you feel, The whole thing killed my tank build to the point I gave up. Lost tons of money too .. I wish I would have tested mine before drilling. I think it is time Marineland offers people a full refund and pulls the tank off the market till they fix their problems. Maybe I should have not given up so easy.

Anyway the sump looks absolutely incredible, almost looks like mine from Building An Obsession sump, just less white... Very nice clean sump.

Dave,

Thank you, if you still have the tank, I would revisit the issue and try contacting them again. I contacted Marineland directly today, they were very attentive, understood the issues with the RMA and are trying to send the newest version this time. Have you moved all your equipment to the 75? If so, do you have a thread for the 75?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice sump . Has all the right touches IMHO .. Kudos to Zeroedge for thinking things through , other than just slapping some acrylic together . I am glad the sump purchase n mods were a painless process .

Buddha,

Thanks for turning me on to the series 7! The review from BPiers sold me on contacting them. I have to say Brett @ ZeroEdge (a old school reefer) knew exactly what I wanted and delivered, on time as promised!

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buddha,

Thanks for turning me on to the series 7! The review from BPiers sold me on contacting them. I have to say Brett @ ZeroEdge (a old school reefer) knew exactly what I wanted and delivered, on time as promised!

TBDH2O
No problem .I am impressed at how thick the acrylic is holding the sock . Gonna be cool to know how that design works out with detritus build up in the skimmer area . I looked at that cube u picked up .. It looks like your handiwork . It's got the thdh20 upside down overflow as the intake for the sump . Always glad to help a bud part with their funds for some reef gear ...:tongue:

Last edited:

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dave,

Thank you, if you still have the tank, I would revisit the issue and try contacting them again. I contacted Marineland directly today, they were very attentive, understood the issues with the RMA and are trying to send the newest version this time. Have you moved all your equipment to the 75? If so, do you have a thread for the 75?

I sent a pm, i dont want to hijack your thread with my details...

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build, i cant wait to see how the quality of your marineland comes back. But i love the build so far! *Subscribed*

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build, i cant wait to see how the quality of your marineland comes back. But i love the build so far! *Subscribed*

Tail2112,

Thanks! Hopefully the build with pick up steam soon.

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love my pets!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C74BA968-4D11-4BC1-B81B-64F4158418F6_zpsovfyxman.jpg
C74BA968-4D11-4BC1-B81B-64F4158418F6_zpsovfyxman.jpg

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Received an email update from Marineland yesterday. In my conversation with them, I explained the 15+ years of use of marineland tanks without issue... my research prior to ordering my second 93, the first being five years ago... lastly all of the issues others have had on this site and others. The response was the team was looking into current tanks at the distributors. Although not a resolution, I feel better about issue, hopefully others will have a easier go the first time around.

Equipment update, not willing to upgrade my current DA system atm with the tank issues. Researching the Archon and customer service issues, basically if I should ditch my current DA modules and go Apex? Customer service and warranty is obviously high priority.

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Off the phone again with Marineland... Shuffled to the next guy in charge... My LFS has worked hard find a resolution to the new tank issues (2 times).

The first tank was delivered in February so a couple of months have pasted. I don't feel that if the 3rd tank arrives with issues....

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll want to deal with warranty issues!

Last edited:

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,

Equipment update, not willing to upgrade my current DA system atm with the tank issues. Researching the Archon and customer service issues, basically if I should ditch my current DA modules and go Apex? Customer service and warranty is obviously high priority.

That is where I am at. I actually bought a Apex and has been sitting there for 6 months or so when my 93 build was scrapped because of the bubble issue in the seam. I have DA for a long time now too and love it and it is nice with the Archon being able to just upgrade the head unit. The Archon looks awsum and a nice upgrade. So I was thinking of selling the apex to get one. I have major concerns about the company and DA seems like a company struggling to survive vs the power house they used to be before being sold. I don't know if you saw my post about it on another site and got no response. Not one beta tester or current user is the owners thread even replied which scares me even more. It is weird it did not launch with retailers and retailers can not be happy either or it aint ready or they can not even produce enough for retail... You think a company that is being beat up about support they would try to change it. I actually never had a issue with support though.. I want a Archon but need to see the company responding to these questions and they dont. When Apex launches one accessory you hear about it more than The whole archon system did when it launched.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is where I am at. I actually bought a Apex and has been sitting there for 6 months or so when my 93 build was scrapped because of the bubble issue in the seam. I have DA for a long time now too and love it and it is nice with the Archon being able to just upgrade the head unit. The Archon looks awsum and a nice upgrade. So I was thinking of selling the apex to get one. I have major concerns about the company and DA seems like a company struggling to survive vs the power house they used to be before being sold. I don't know if you saw my post about it on another site and got no response. Not one beta tester or current user is the owners thread even replied which scares me even more. It is weird it did not launch with retailers and retailers can not be happy either or it aint ready or they can not even produce enough for retail... You think a company that is being beat up about support they would try to change it. I actually never had a issue with support though.. I want a Archon but need to see the company responding to these questions and they dont. When Apex launches one accessory you hear about it more than The whole archon system did when it launched.

My thoughts exactly, well put Dave! I've had the same RKL since 06' will little issue, replaced one PC4 and a temp probe. Can't speak to support or warranty as I never had a need to contact them. With my luck recently, as soon as I purchase a Apex, a wifi version will be released. As usual thanks for you input with my build!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My thoughts exactly, well put Dave! I've had the same RKL since 06' will little issue, replaced one PC4 and a temp probe. Can't speak to support or warranty as I never had a need to contact them. With my luck recently, as soon as I purchase a Apex, a wifi version will be released. As usual thanks for you input with my build!

Personally I would not worry about Wifi you can add it with a bridge if you want it but personally I dont trust wifi enough and would hard wire mine. Not everyone has that option though.
I have not replaced anything on my RKL yet. Thing about PC4 the receptacles for both system DA and Apex use mechanical switches and they fail, anything mechanical fails and wears out. They only have so any switches on/off before failing. Putting things on them that turn on/off constantly will wear them faster that's why putting things like wave makers on them is not good. Its also the reason I can believe people put their entire system on a controller.. They are computer and even though rarely do they can fail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would not worry about Wifi you can add it with a bridge if you want it but personally I dont trust wifi enough and would hard wire mine. Not everyone has that option though.
I have not replaced anything on my RKL yet. Thing about PC4 the receptacles for both system DA and Apex use mechanical switches and they fail, anything mechanical fails and wears out. They only have so any switches on/off before failing. Putting things on them that turn on/off constantly will wear them faster that's why putting things like wave makers on them is not good. Its also the reason I can believe people put their entire system on a controller.. They are computer and even though rarely do they can fail.

Thanks,

Looks like the Apex is the best option for me. Although a little more expensive, not by much. I could use my existing RKL to power the fish and coral quarantine. After that, I could save it as a backup or pay it forward to a new reefer. That said, I will wait on the purchase until the custom tank quotes return.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

• Other.

Back