TC's 460 gallon Alternative Reef rebuild

Sweet tank, is that a carolinia or a lokani in the pic posted at 3:14 above?

cheers,
Darren
 
Looking good, is that a blue stripe Derasa?

Maybe?? Its an ORA that Ive had for about 6 months or so. I love it cradled in the Alternative reef piece, it will surely outgrow it but for now its gonna stay.

The acro is a yellow suharsoni, a second piece in lower light is much more green.
 
looks great but whats up with the frag plugs under all the acro colonies???? is that for easy removal or something???? i would plant those suckers down man there awesome haha...1smile1

The plugs are a result of me removing all of the acros from their original aquaculture bases. I didn't want any flatworm eggs getting in. Once mounted I gave them a nice Levamisole dip which knocks out flatworms and redbugs.

So far it appears to have worked as there is no sign of either nasty.
 
I really like this one, I can't get the green in the corralite to show up very well but its still cool.
CHE_4143.jpg

Tossed this carpet in and it settled right in the front where I can enjoy it. I'm gonna put in a few more in similar locations and hope they stay put.
CHE_4138.jpg
 
Looking good Todd! I see a few pieces that are telling me they want to migrate south! LOL Keep the pics coming
 
Would love to see some updates as well!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new