tds count

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 stage brs rodi. I have noticed that when I run my washer that my tds meter on the rodi says 0 tds going to the rodi. Either the washer is taking more of the water or the TDS meter is screwed up. thoughts on this?

Xam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very anomalous. Do you have your tds meter at the intake, or after your initial filters before the membrane? If you have the meter at the source, I would say that you are right, you aren't getting any pressure with the washer going. Do you get any rodi output with the washer going?

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very anomalous. Do you have your tds meter at the intake, or after your initial filters before the membrane? If you have the meter at the source, I would say that you are right, you aren't getting any pressure with the washer going. Do you get any rodi output with the washer going?
I have a booster right before the membrane. It stays steady at 80 psi. Here's a pic of the rodi unit.

15589153390578390482279888380422.jpg

Xam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Where is your tds meter at? Before everything? Just before the membrane, after the membrane, or at the end of the entire system?

Xam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok with respect, I dont think this is set up correctly. If you are boosting at the membrane, after your initial filters, this may be the problem.

The 4 stage system should go: water source > sediment filter > carbon filter > membrane > di. I dont use a booster so I do t think I have the knowledge, but I think it should go before the entire system, not at the membrane.

With that said, I would highly recommend calling brs and walk them through your setup, end to end, over the phone. They will be able to diagnose better.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I’ve read this a few times and I am highly confused and I have a lot of questions. Hopefully the answers to these questions will help us sort things out...

1) Where exactly is the meter installed? Before the membrane or after the membrane?

2) You say it drops to 0 when the washer is running, but what is it at when the washer is not running? Is it only at 2 or 3 or is it more like 50 or 80?

3) What exactly do you mean when you say that you “Run the washer”? When a washer is running it’s not drawing water the whole time. Does the meter drop to 0 as soon as you start the washer and then it goes back up when the washer is completely finished or does the meter only drop to 0 when the washer is actually drawing water?

4) Is the RODI filter installed near the washer? Does it T off of the washer cold water line? What happens if you turn on a sink or a shower? Does that cause the meter to drop to 0?

5) Is the RODI unit actually on and making water when you are taking these readings?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back