TDS meter

ChefJTMK

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2018
Messages
72
Reaction score
62
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested, some Pūr water filters come with tds meters! My permanent roommate brought one home for the house. When she asked what the meter was for, I was tickled pink when I realized it was included with the set. And....it works!!!
 
I noticed some of the tds pens that come with these filters arent as sensitive as a quality calibrated tds meter.
Zero waters tds pen reads 0 when my calibrated pen reads like 4 lol.
Be careful!
 
I noticed some of the tds pens that come with these filters arent as sensitive as a quality calibrated tds meter.
Zero waters tds pen reads 0 when my calibrated pen reads like 4 lol.
Be careful!
No idea if they're just cheap meters or that's on purpose, but they likely want to make sure your tap water registers as some number, any number at all, and the water that comes through the filter registers at zero. In theory, they could program the meters so anything below [some number] shows zero, but that could get them in legal trouble, so probably just cheap meters with intentially loose tolerances.
 
No idea if they're just cheap meters or that's on purpose, but they likely want to make sure your tap water registers as some number, any number at all, and the water that comes through the filter registers at zero. In theory, they could program the meters so anything below [some number] shows zero, but that could get them in legal trouble, so probably just cheap meters with intentially loose tolerances.
Agreed.
I think there would be too much liability with anything that reads true as you could theoretically destroy a zero water filter in less than a gallon of horrible quality water.

I know the pur is just pre and carbon but still.
Most of us use TDS meters to verify 0 tds :)
 
Oh I’m sure they’re cheap butt pens!

But it did read 0ppm on my RODI versus the tapwater at 168ppm.
Jus thought it was worth a share
 
Can you elaborate on this "butt pen"?

;Hilarious


LOL.

I love the R2R censoring.
LOL...I proof read it before I posted and it wasn’t until you put quotes around it that I realized the double-entendre. Thx
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new