OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both 55 gallon tanks have an MP40 on one side, and a hang on back filter on the other. Tonight I am going to hang my kessil lights over top of them.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also going back to the old house to drain the rest of the water out of the DT and sump, and dump the sand, shop vac the DT out. And hopefully get the old plumbing cut off. And bring the rest of my tank gear to the new house.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I rented a 9ft cargo van from uhaul (for like $30), and will be actually moving the tank and stand to the new house. Very nervous about that move. 125 gallon is not nearly as big as a lot of tanks, but it's still 220 lbs. And the old house has awkward concrete steps to navigate. Will have a big sigh of relief once the tank is moved and back on it's stand.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have not updated this in a while. I got everything over to the new house. I used an electric paint gun sprayer, and repainted the stand (except for the doors, haven't done them yet), leveled the tank (that was a nightmare on a basement floor that slopes toward a drain). Got it plumbed, and filled. Got all the rock put in it with all of my livestock. Got the apex and MOST of my gear hooked back up. Carbon reactor, and UV are still both not hooked back up yet. But they will be this weekend. Soon I will be uploaded some pictures. I need to still scape everything, right now everything is kind of just stacked in there, and corals loosely placed. And I still need to add the sand. Although there is a small part of me that is thinking about going bare bottom. So we'll see what happens.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back